CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 03/12/2007, 03:47 PM   #1
imported_tree
My Car Details

A thing of beauty.

Date /data / stamp for ID plates

Good day to all.just a quick question for the land of GT/CS people. does any one out there know of a business that stamps data plates for cars.I contacted marti works and they quoted me in the range of 100.00 plus shipping for my data plate.I know people have to make money but this is a little stuipd for stamping a total of 13 or so numbers or letters.Well so much for venting. Thanks guys and gals ,have a great day

Terry............................................. ...............
imported_tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/2007, 04:11 PM   #2
J_Speegle

There are a few others (not as many as there were in the past luckily IMHO) but can't comment on the quality of the work. I see allot of incorrectly stamped ones at shows and on the web (wrong alignment and font size- there were different sizes used)

Guess my opinion of the value of having it done correctly differs from yours. These aren't $500 cars any longer ;)
J_Speegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/2007, 07:46 PM   #3
PNewitt

I've noticed that the San Jose cars had a smaller point size for the data tag lettering (stamped into the metal); than the Dearborn and New Jersey factory cars.

I don't think $100 is out of line. You're guaranteed a good part from a Ford licensed vendor.

Paul N.

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions