CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 06/07/2003, 11:13 AM   #1
darb

Send a message via AIM to darb Send a message via MSN to darb Send a message via Yahoo to darb
Heater Core Replacement

For those of you that have done this before:

I've removed my heater core because it was leaking, and I'm replacing it with a new one that I ordered. The old heater core had rubber foam running around it, but they are brittle and very old - the new one doesn't come with any.

Curious to know if anyone has any idea where to buy the foam, how much it will cost, alternative ideas, anything will be helpful.

Thank You,
Brad
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2003, 12:06 PM   #2
Calspecialdreamer

Re:Heater Core Replacement

Brad,
I would rather put the trim back in, but people have used window and door trim. I wouldn't. Most any mustang retailer should have it. I use www.Mustangsunlimited.com because they ship the same day. Karmustangs.com is a little higher, but they are VERY helpful explaining steps to fix something. Good luck....

Calspecialdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2003, 04:53 PM   #3
68sunlitgold
My Car Details

GT/CS nut

Re:Heater Core Replacement

darb,
Like CalGTCSdramer stated, almost all Mustang parts dealers sell them, it is called a heater core gasket set. You can also find them on ebay, just make sure you get it with or without A/C, whichever you have on your car and they sell for under $10. It is more than just one piece of foam but I am not sure of everything that comes in it.

Doug
68sunlitgold is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions