CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 03/29/2006, 02:53 PM   #1
HCS@CT
My Car Details

Always wanted a GT/CS now I have an HCS. Even better.

Question 200ci PCV valve hose question.

I'm trying to put my engine back togather and am having a hard time finding a hose that goes from the PCV valve to the carb spacer. Can anyone help? Or if anyone has one please let me know. Thanks Rand
HCS@CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/2006, 09:20 AM   #2
69convert

Lightbulb pvc hose

There are not many 6cyc owners apparently. Try posting on the vintage-mustang site.
There are not many questions I have not seen answered there. It has been so long since I had my 6cyc convertible I don't remember anything.
69convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/2006, 03:07 PM   #3
HCS@CT
My Car Details

Thank you for answering. I was starting to think no one liked me. It just so happened that one day when I was complaining about not being able to find this part. One of the guys at work said "Call my brother, He can find anything for a mustang" and I was thinking ,sure he can. But as it turned out he was an official Mustang judge. Two days later I called to see if he had any luck... "Ya it's on its way." How cool is that? $25 NOS part from an old Ford dealership. Life is good again.
Old 04/07/2006, 08:56 AM   #4
69convert

good

Good. I glad you found what you were looking for.

I am bidding on the 6 cyclinder cs on ebay. If I "win" I will probably be trying to pick your brain as I am sure the engine will need attention.

Are going completely original or doing the restomod route? I wuold probably put on a throttle body (someone makes these for the six, can't rememer who), pertronxi 1, and msd second strike. Should be easier on gas and a little more responsive.

ps. I used to work in shelton for a little company called transwicth. They are still there, only a lot smaller.
69convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2006, 03:52 PM   #5
T Code Bob

I would strongly recommend the conversion to a Weber 2 bbl. I did that on my 6 after my 1 bbl Carter gave up the ghost a few years ago. The trottle response and driveability have greatly improved and the gas milage has remained very good. Also, it's a lot cheaper than throttle body injection.
T Code Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/11/2006, 07:08 AM   #6
HCS@CT
My Car Details

The only thing I changed was the pertronix other than that 100% stock. Restomod was a passing thought but Mr. Teets talked me out of that. Mine is the only 6cyl. HCS I've heard about or heard from. You guys should check out my gallery under the member list and let me know what you think. http://californiaspecial.com/forums/...?do=hall&u=684
Old 05/02/2006, 07:11 PM   #7
HCS@CT
My Car Details

Dont you just hate that...

Well... This guy that said he had a hose for me... I called, and called, and called. And now he's ducking me for some reason. If you cant get the part just say so. Dont just leave some one hanging. Ya know.
Anyway Im back to square one. Im gona post a new thred for help.

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions