• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

engine oil

karolscali

what are most gt/cs owners running for oil in there cars? i talked to a old mechanic and recommended running 20/50 with a quart of rislone additive to thin out the oil? would this br wise? this is for a 302.

Perkchiro

I use Castrol GTX 10/30 in my J code. No problems noted. In fact, I've used the same oil in all my cars over the past several years. I change it every 3,000 miles without fail.

Bob G

Depending on the age of the engine> most diesel oil will work much better on owner engines, so I have heard. Pep Boys just check the API rating in your owners manual . Most of the newer oils have alot of crap that these older engines do not need.

change your oil hot and often!
Bob Geco