CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 11/22/2005, 08:43 PM   #1
imported_tree
My Car Details

A thing of beauty.

Question wiring for back of altenator

need some help. forgot wiring lay on back of altenator. no problem with the battery & field posts. not sure of little wire about 4-6 inchs from the feed .is this a ground wire that gos to the g-post or that other post that i think says AGT ?. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. DONT WANT TO FRY THIS NEW ONE.

TERRY
imported_tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2005, 01:31 AM   #2
rvrtrash

So many cars, so little time!

My Garage
I'm just going from memory here, but the third wire should be a ground wire and hook to the ground terminal. If it's a black wire, that would be it, and it seems like it has another ring terminal as part of it that I think the dip stick bolt goes through to ground it to the block. I'll go out to the shop tomorrow and pull the car cover off and double check for you.
Steve

Just checked and I remembered correctly. I also put the battery ground wire in the same place. My car was disassembled when I bought it so the dipstick bolt might not be the correct location, but it works.
Steve

Last edited by rvrtrash; 11/23/2005 at 10:32 AM..
rvrtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2005, 10:11 PM   #3
imported_tree
My Car Details

A thing of beauty.

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrtrash
I'm just going from memory here, but the third wire should be a ground wire and hook to the ground terminal. If it's a black wire, that would be it, and it seems like it has another ring terminal as part of it that I think the dip stick bolt goes through to ground it to the block. I'll go out to the shop tomorrow and pull the car cover off and double check for you.
Steve

Just checked and I remembered correctly. I also put the battery ground wire in the same place. My car was disassembled when I bought it so the dipstick bolt might not be the correct location, but it works.
Steve

thanks steve, the big ground wire from the battery is on the side of my block, left side corner .no problem there. i was unsure of the little black wire comming about 4-6 inchs from the end of the harness. it make sense now.still dont know about the other post that says (agt) or something like that ,had all brackets under the hood powder coated looks great.
imported_tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2005, 10:30 AM   #4
rvrtrash

So many cars, so little time!

My Garage
The side of the block is usually where the battery ground goes. Now that I'm thinking about it, I was going to put it there but didn't have a correct bolt, was going to move it eventually and then forgot about it. Now I have something more on my winter "to do" list.
Steve
rvrtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2005, 12:35 PM   #5
390cs68rcode
My Car Details

Have you driven your CS or Cobra Jet today?

eBay: jbsteven1

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrtrash
The side of the block is usually where the battery ground goes. Now that I'm thinking about it, I was going to put it there but didn't have a correct bolt, was going to move it eventually and then forgot about it. Now I have something more on my winter "to do" list.
Steve
amk makes a cool bolt kit for the battery connections. Cost about $10-12, well worth it.

2005 Ford GT (2000hp)226.2 mph in the standing mile, 2008 Superleggera UGR X Version (2000+hp),2014 S63, 89 IROC 30k miles, 150 shot NOS
390cs68rcode is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions