CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 07/24/2005, 09:17 AM   #1
joedls
My Car Details

eBay: 65-4-me

Mustang addiction

I haven't been in this hobby for very long. Not quite a year. I started out by buying a 65 convertible Mustang. It was OK, but I had dreams of a ground pounding, Shelby-esque, Ferrari red car. So, I embarked on a total restoration/customization. Not quite finished. Hopefully within another month or so.

So, I bought a GT/CS. I told myself I would drive it until my convertible was ready, then sell it. I just couldn't stand being without a Mustang to drive. But now I've decided to keep it. I can't sell it. I love driving this car and tinkering with it. I enjoy the shows, but enjoy driving/tinkering with it much more.

Last week, I blew a head gasket. I was already planning an engine swap. I am installing a blown 302. But my point is, I now am without a Mustang to drive. I have been kind of lost this weekend, because weekends are when I usually drive/play with my car. I've actually been looking at other Mustangs to purchase, so I can drive a Mustang until my other cars are completed. I've been looking at Mach 1's.

Is this a familiar thing with Mustang enthusiasts?
joedls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/24/2005, 05:14 PM   #2
Mustanglvr
My Car Details

Former GT/CS owner :(

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr
My Garage
Re:Mustang addiction

My mother bought a new 1970 Mach1 when I was 6 years old. It was a dark blue with blue interior. It had a 351 Cleveland 4V with a 4 speed automatic in it. That thing really moved. In 1969 and on the mustangs had a much wider wheel base and could corner much better. I`m not a motorhead but I can tell you as a consumer it was a wonderful car. The interior was very user friendly. Much more than before 1969. It was`nt too bad on gas unless you opened up the 4V. I know alot of my mothers friends and relatives were afraid to drive it because it was so fast. Once I got ahold of it in the 80`s all I wanted to do was street race it and race it I did. Not too many other cars could beat it and it was all stock. Hope this helps. Maybe someone else can give you the specs on the Mach1. :) Rhonda
Mustanglvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/24/2005, 06:48 PM   #3
hookedtrout

eBay: bebopin

Send a message via Yahoo to hookedtrout
My Garage

I can't say that it's been that way with me but you just might be on to something. Let me make sure I have it straight. Every time my Mustang has an issue and is down or in for some type of restoration for a short period of time I run out and buy another one to keep my Mustang blood flowing, correct? Hmm, I like it. How exactly should I explain this to my wife so it sounds like a logical thing to do? ;)

Hook
hookedtrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/24/2005, 08:00 PM   #4
joedls
My Car Details

[quote author=hookedtrout link=board=4;threadid=1927;start=0#msg12798 date=1122256094]
I can't say that it's been that way with me but you just might be on to something. Let me make sure I have it straight. Every time my Mustang has an issue and is down or in for some type of restoration for a short period of time I run out and buy another one to keep my Mustang blood flowing, correct? Hmm, I like it. How exactly should I explain this to my wife so it sounds like a logical thing to do? ;)

Hook
[/quote]

I'm just buying them to enjoy until my convertible is done. Then I'm going to sell and make some money. ;)
Old 07/24/2005, 08:50 PM   #5
nfrntau
My Car Details

My Garage

I think Jason has y'all beat. He doesn't even wait for the other one to stop working ;D ;D
nfrntau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/24/2005, 09:07 PM   #6
joedls
My Car Details

[quote author=joedls link=board=4;threadid=1927;start=0#msg12801 date=1122260419]
[quote author=hookedtrout link=board=4;threadid=1927;start=0#msg12798 date=1122256094]

Hook
[/quote]

I'm just buying them to enjoy until my convertible is done. Then I'm going to sell and make some money. ;)
[/quote]

I forgot to mention that my wife is already conditioned to this kind of thinking. My father-in-law owns a dozen Mustangs. He's the culprit that got me hooked.
Old 07/25/2005, 08:22 AM   #7
Mustanger

[quote author=Mustanglvr link=board=4;threadid=1927;start=0#msg12793 date=1122250473]
My mother bought a new 1970 Mach1 when I was 6 years old. It was a dark blue with blue interior. It had a 351 Cleveland 4V with a 4 speed automatic in it. That thing really moved. In 1969 and on the mustangs had a much wider wheel base and could corner much better. I`m not a motorhead but I can tell you as a consumer it was a wonderful car. The interior was very user friendly. Much more than before 1969. It was`nt too bad on gas unless you opened up the 4V. I know alot of my mothers friends and relatives were afraid to drive it because it was so fast. Once I got ahold of it in the 80`s all I wanted to do was street race it and race it I did. Not too many other cars could beat it and it was all stock. Hope this helps. Maybe someone else can give you the specs on the Mach1. :) Rhonda
[/quote]

Gotta love those Mach 1's ... a '70 mach was my first car back in high school, still have it today. It's always a blast to drive 8).
Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/25/2005, 08:37 AM   #8
Mustanger

[quote author=joedls link=board=4;threadid=1927;start=0#msg12786 date=1122221871]
I haven't been in this hobby for very long. Not quite a year.

...I can't sell it. I love driving this car and tinkering with it. I enjoy the shows, but enjoy driving/tinkering with it much more.

... I've actually been looking at other Mustangs to purchase, so I can drive a Mustang until my other cars are completed. I've been looking at Mach 1's.

Is this a familiar thing with Mustang enthusiasts?
[/quote]

Joe,
Welcome to the world of "Mustangs" ... I think I know how you feel. Since I've owned my first car to my present car, it's always been a Mustang - old or new, it's my favorite ;D ;D ;D

Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/25/2005, 10:43 AM   #9
joedls
My Car Details

[quote author=Mustanger link=board=4;threadid=1927;start=0#msg12814 date=1122304957]
[quote author=Mustanglvr link=board=4;threadid=1927;start=0#msg12793 date=1122250473]
[/quote]

Gotta love those Mach 1's ... a '70 mach was my first car back in high school, still have it today. It's always a blast to drive 8).

[/quote]

I just bid on a 69 Mach 1 428 CJ on Ebay. Looks like alot of fun.
Old 07/25/2005, 12:41 PM   #10
bbeatty

I forgot to mention that my wife is already conditioned to this kind of thinking. My father-in-law owns a dozen Mustangs. He's the culprit that got me hooked.
Gee, why can't I have in-laws like that! :'(

It would be nice to have a mother-in-law who actually understood and appreciated the fact that owning only two Mustangs is a charming display of self discipline and strength of character. :-*

Ok, it’s really a display of lack of garage space but still… ;D
bbeatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/25/2005, 12:50 PM   #11
Perkchiro
My Car Details

eBay: Perkchiro

[quote author=bbeatty link=board=4;threadid=1927;start=0#msg12826 date=1122320467]
Gee, why can't I have in-laws like that! :'(

It would be nice to have a mother-in-law who actually understood and appreciated the fact that owning only two Mustangs is a charming display of self discipline and strength of character. :-*

[/quote]

Hey Brian, I've got an extra space in my garage. I live about 2 hours to the south of you and you could come and visit your mustang at my house whenever you like. I would be happy to drive it and maintain it while you were away. Can't pass up a deal like that can you? ;D
Steve
Perkchiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/25/2005, 12:53 PM   #12
Mosesatm

The generosity of the members on this board is just overwhelming!
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/25/2005, 12:54 PM   #13
bbeatty

Hey Brian, I've got an extra space in my garage. I live about 2 hours to the south of you and you could come and visit your mustang at my house whenever you like. I would be happy to drive it and maintain it while you were away. Can't pass up a deal like that can you? ;D
Steve
Careful now! :o I might just take you up on that! ;D
bbeatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/25/2005, 01:08 PM   #14
joedls
My Car Details

[quote author=bbeatty link=board=4;threadid=1927;start=0#msg12826 date=1122320467]

[/quote]

I haven't even begun to think about garage space. As long as one of my cars is in a shop, I guess I'm OK. ???
Old 07/25/2005, 01:21 PM   #15
Hoop69Mach1

Gee and my family thought I was nuts when I bought my 69 8 years ago. Then with the recent acquistion of the 68 CS, they are going to flip. My wife though, she's a keeper, she doesn't have the Mustang bite, at least not, yet but my 2 daughters do thats why I now have 2 Mustangs!

I wonder if I should try for a 3rd, the one thats just for me.
Hoop69Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > Misc Forums > Off Topic Lounge