• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Salvage Titles

Mosesatm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6236&item=4523098336&rd=1

This is the 3rd time for this car on ebay. The second time for this owner.

But is a nice looking car....and it is in Houston......and GT/CS prices are going to skyrocket soon.....and I really have nothing to put that Nissan engine in........but it has a salvage title. The title issue is a little scary.

Does anyone know how to get a car with a salvage title titled?

Don't fret Rhonda and Hook I promised in a previous post that I wouldn't butcher a real CS by putting a foreign motor in it and I'm a man of my word.

bbeatty

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1355;start=0#msg7846 date=1106850743]

This is the 3rd time for this car on ebay. The second time for this owner.

[/quote]

Third time? I was thinking that car has been on EBAY like six or seven times!

I don't know much about salavge titles but I would think that is a relatively easy thing to deal with. Call your local DMV and/or insurance guy and ask.

It is a great looking car so I don't know why it keeps coming back to EBAY. Maybe this GT/CS is failing the Marti report test. :eek:

bish

I've often wondered why this car has not sold yet. It appears to be an excellent example.
Something must not be right.
I quess color could have something to do with it, that lime green is not a favorite of mine. ( sorry to all of you lime green owners)
I like the part where the owner says the salvage title is not a big deal, but it really is as far as i'm concerned. The car could be perfect, but it could be turning pepple away. I'm sure when it comes time to sell it, it would also be an issue for the next owner.
Anyone else seen this car in person or have any info they would like to share?

Andrew

[quote author=bish link=board=1;threadid=1355;start=0#msg7849 date=1106855929]
I've often wondered why this car has not sold yet. It appears to be an excellent example.
Something must not be right.
I quess color could have something to do with it, that lime green is not a favorite of mine. ( sorry to all of you lime green owners)
I like the part where the owner says the salvage title is not a big deal, but it really is as far as i'm concerned. The car could be perfect, but it could be turning pepple away. I'm sure when it comes time to sell it, it would also be an issue for the next owner.
Anyone else seen this car in person or have any info they would like to share?

I handle the salvage vehicles for an insurance company in Massachusetts. I believe the title should be referred to as "branded title" meaning that it has noted as a prior salvage vehicle and the title should specify "Rebuilt Collision", "Flood" or "Recovered Theft" as to what type of loss the vehicle had in the past. The branded title is as easily transferrable as a clean title. Salvage titles would be in the name of the insurance company that sold the car at auction and the new buyer, with proper appraisal and repairs, would have the vehicle repaired and the branded title issued by the local DMV noting the vehicle history. If it is due to a recovered theft, the value should not be affected too much. Only to the point that the original motor and tranny are gone.
[/quote]

390cs68rcode

I have been tempted many times to go and see the car in person. If I remember right he had a reserve of at least 20k but I could be wrong. anyone want to send a email to see if he will tell his reserve?

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I sent an e-mail earlier today asking why it has a salvage title. Of course, it says right in the ad why. The engine and transmission were stolen in the early '70s and the insurance company wrote the car off as a completd loss.

I just sent them another e-mail asking to view the car and what the reserve is. If they didn't take $14,400 on the last auction it's probably out of my comfort zone for a non-air conditioned car, automatic car.

But I'll be happy to inspect it with you if you want to kill a few hours.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Reserve is $18,900 but the price is negotiable.

Here is their response.
Sure that would be great. Just let me know when .We are on the NW side of Houston off of Wirt rd. Price is somewhat negotiable at this point but reserve is set at 18.9. 713-463-5292
Alexis

case12

I could have sworn that I read on the posts somewhere that this car was sold to the present owner for something like $15k. I searched, but could not find it. Anyone else remember? Casey

390cs68rcode

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1355;start=0#msg7865 date=1106917727]
Reserve is $18,900 but the price is negotiable.

Here is their response.
Sure that would be great. Just let me know when .We are on the NW side of Houston off of Wirt rd. Price is somewhat negotiable at this point but reserve is set at 18.9. 713-463-5292
Alexis

[/quote]

seems a little stiff for a non A/C car with a salvage title.

anyone else think so?

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

[quote author=case12 link=board=1;threadid=1355;start=0#msg7866 date=1106918716]
I could have sworn that I read on the posts somewhere that this car was sold to the present owner for something like $15k. I searched, but could not find it. Anyone else remember? Casey
[/quote]

Somewhere, way back in the old postings (maybe 3 months ago or so) is a discussion about this car. I think it was listed for $15,000 and it was sold for "close to that". Then the guy turns right around and tries to sell it on ebay. If everyone thinks California Specials are worth more than they are shouldn't they sell for what everyone thinks they are worth? I think I confused myself with that question. Hopefully you know what I mean.

mmarsalone

That car was on "Cars Online" for sale for $15,500 about 6 months ago. I remeber it because my 8 year old son liked the Argent colored tail panel. Then the car showed up on Ebay with the Argent tail panel. It wasn't until I saw the same license plate that I realized it was the same car (GT CS). I had two Explorer windows up showing him that it was the same car.

Mike