CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Go Back   CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions

View Poll Results: Would folks be interested in a Diecast Model of the GT Coupe and GT/CS
34 100.00%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01/11/2005, 04:20 PM   #1
68gt390
My Car Details

The car that became a diecast

68 GT Coupe and 68 GT/CS Diecast Model

A local diecast model company has contacted me about using my 68 GT Coupe and 68 GT/CS for reference in making a diecast model of both cars. I myself have been looking for sometime trying to find a Coupe version of the 68 Coupe with no success. Other companies I have contacted say their is no interest in the coupes. I know I'm interested. Was just wondering how the rest of the folks on this site feel.

Don ;D
68gt390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/2005, 05:23 PM   #2
quicknick
My Car Details

eBay: gtcslover

Send a message via MSN to quicknick
My Garage
Re:68 GT Coupe and 68 GT/CS Diecast Model

That's awesome Don. Are they going to pay you a little somthin' somethin' for using your cars?
quicknick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/2005, 05:33 PM   #3
Calspecialdreamer

I would be real interested. Can't have the real thing, might as well have the next best thing!
Calspecialdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/2005, 05:53 PM   #4
68gt390
My Car Details

[quote author=quicknick link=board=1;threadid=1315;start=0#msg7564 date=1105489401]
That's awesome Don. Are they going to pay you a little somthin' somethin' for using your cars?
[/quote]

At present we are in the beginning stages. A company rep contacted me yesterday by email and I talked to their primary designer today. Still have some details to work out yet. Sent them pictures of the CS tonight. Originally they only knew about the GT Coupe. When I mentioned I also had a GT/CS he said that was even better yet. They want to set up a photo shoot for both cars but, with the current weather here in Ohio (flooding everywhere) hard to tell when we will get a decent day to do that. Besides, that will give me time to put the original air cleaner bucket and other items back on the CS before the shoot. They want both cars as close to original as possible (particularly the engine bay areas). Heck at this point I'd be happy just to get a model of each car knowing their plans came from my cars.

Don
Old 01/11/2005, 07:51 PM   #5
PNewitt

Congrats, Don!

I've always wondered why, at least they never made any '67-'68 Coupes in 1/18th. Look at all the other "obscure" stuff out there at Toys R Us, like '63 Bel Air's, Hurst Olds, and the ton of Nascar cars that seem to change weekly.

Perhaps you could tell the model car company that if they were to do the tooling for the '67-'68 Coupe, it could include the GT/CS, HCS, Little Red and the Green Hornet. By just changing the rear ends, and noses, you could have all of these. They could also make the '68 Cobra Jet 428 coupe with the hood scoop and hood stripe--AND!! the '68 Shelby convertible (as well as the '67-'68 convertible, all with the same basic tooling)

PLEASE tell the designers to be aware of the "compound curves" on the rear spoiler. It is NOT flat at the rear--it curves across the tail. Have them measure it with calipers to get it right. They might go with Lucas or Marchal lights, too. Show them my book?

If you or they need anything from me, just send them my e-mail address (not to steal your thunder).

I had a friend who's DeLorean was copied in scale, and they included the aftermarket radio in his car--replicated in scale!!

Paul Newitt

p.s. I'm about to pick up three of the '63 Chrysler Turbine Cars in 1/18th, just out!...and yes, they are "obscure", too.
Old 01/11/2005, 08:08 PM   #6
68gt390
My Car Details

Paul;
I'm glad you responded. Your information is welcomed and will be most helpful. Gives me even more to wet their whistle with. I myself think there is a big untapped market out there for the coupe's. Everything else up to date has always been the fastback cars. Maybe it's time the coupe's got a little recognition. Being able to use your book will help. I'll keep you informed as we progress through the different stages.
It's kinda funny, myself and my girlfriend were rather supprised to receive their email. We were just talking the other night about why there were no diecast models of the coupe's. Thanks again Paul for your input.

Don ;D
Old 01/11/2005, 09:14 PM   #7
admin
Administrator
My Car Details

Just your friendly neighborhood webmaster...

My Garage

Don,

Congrats! That sounds like a great opportunity. Keep us updated on how it goes.

If you think about it mention to them that I'd be happy to sell them through this site. I don't think they'll find a more targetted market than our members here.
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/2005, 10:16 PM   #8
hookedtrout

eBay: bebopin

Send a message via Yahoo to hookedtrout
My Garage

I would also be very interested in having a GT/CS diecast or 4 or 5.

I collect the diecast Muscle Machines and my favorite is the 66 Mustang, blue with white stripes of course. Be awesome to have a GT/CS however.

Might help push the deal through if they knew they could post up a sales pitch here in our classifieds once the product was available.

Hook
hookedtrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2005, 10:37 AM   #9
rvrtrash

So many cars, so little time!

My Garage

I'd be interested but what scale are they going to be in and will there be multiple color choices? I tend to just buy ones that match the colors of my cars, and prefer the 1:18 scale.

Steve
rvrtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2005, 04:52 PM   #10
68gt390
My Car Details

Talked to their designer again today. Scale is to be 1/18th. As for colors they aren't sure yet if they will be multiple or just one color offered for each model. Will post more when information is known. They have set up this Friday 1/14/05 to do the photo shoot. Will try and get more info then if possible.

Don
Old 01/13/2005, 04:00 PM   #11
PFSlim
My Car Details

eBay: calspec68

My Garage

I would be interested in one, if not two. Would love to see a blue one with a white stripe!!!

Paul
PFSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/2005, 08:47 PM   #12
68gt390
My Car Details

I can't beleive this poll has been read 253 times and there's only 20 people that have voted. :( I'm disappointed. Talked to the designer again today and found out the GT/CS model will be "Royal Maroon". As for the GT model they are still not sure what color it will be. You can be sure of one thing though, regardless of how many people vote, it won't kill my interest in this project.

Don ;D

Old 01/14/2005, 01:52 AM   #13
hookedtrout

My Garage

[quote author=PFSlim link=board=1;threadid=1315;start=0#msg7592 date=1105657245]
I would be interested in one, if not two. Would love to see a blue one with a white stripe!!!

Paul
[/quote]

I like this Paul guy! ;D Blue with white stipes has to be the best.

Hook
Old 01/14/2005, 01:55 AM   #14
hookedtrout

My Garage

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=1315;start=0#msg7595 date=1105674434]
I can't beleive this poll has been read 253 times and there's only 20 people that have voted. :( I'm disappointed. Talked to the designer again today and found out the GT/CS model will be "Royal Maroon". As for the GT model they are still not sure what color it will be. You can be sure of one thing though, regardless of how many people vote, it won't kill my interest in this project.

Don ;D

[/quote]

I've read this post a couple dozen or more times myself. I read each time a new post is added. My guess is the counter is keeping track of every time someone logs into it. I don't think it means that many different people have logged into it.

Hook
Old 01/14/2005, 06:09 PM   #15
PFSlim
My Car Details

eBay: calspec68

My Garage

Sorry. I didn't vote. Just added my comments to the thread. Will vote if needed.

(me and you hook!! - Blue with white stripes)

Paul
PFSlim is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions