CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 12/13/2012, 01:07 PM   #1
67SCSGT

Vail Blue paint for '67 SCS?

Hi all,

I'm trying to get paint mixed so I can paint my '67 SCS in the future. It was Vail Blue from the factor. I can find traces of the original blue under the current Nightmist blue like color.
Does anyone have any pics of can they verify the color code for me?

I have only found this reference and paint code:

http://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin/c...me=Vail%20Blue

I had someone mix based on the code in the link and it came out more like a seafoam green with no metallic. Did the guy just mix it wrong!?

Thanks for any help with this.
67SCSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 02:26 PM   #2
hicountrybob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67SCSGT View Post
Hi all,

I'm trying to get paint mixed so I can paint my '67 SCS in the future. It was Vail Blue from the factor. I can find traces of the original blue under the current Nightmist blue like color.

I had someone mix based on the code in the link and it came out more like a seafoam green with no metallic. Did the guy just mix it wrong!?

I have in my hand a cover letter from Ford to All Denver District Ford Dealers. Subject: Special Promotional Paints. Attached to this letter are paint codes(Ford # and Dupont #) for '66 and '67 High Country Specials, '67 Ski Country(Mustang, Fairlane and Ford), '67 St. Patrick's Day Mustang, Convertible only, and bla, bla, bla. with others. Ski Country Fords Vale Blue lists Ford #MX7001065 and Dupont 4690L 181-97305 for paint codes. I rest my case. High Country Bob, here.
hicountrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 02:35 PM   #3
hicountrybob

Quote:
Hi all,

Dupont # correction. Should read 4690L 181-97344
Old 12/13/2012, 02:40 PM   #4
hicountrybob

Quote:
Hi all,

Correction to my post. Vail Blue Dupont * is 4690L 181-97344. SORRY, Bob Teets here.
Old 12/13/2012, 04:02 PM   #5
67SCSGT

Thanks Bob, so it seems that website is correct and whoever mixes the paint just needs to make sure to follow those codes correctly.

Mike
Old 12/13/2012, 08:55 PM   #6
admin
Administrator
My Car Details

Just your friendly neighborhood webmaster...

My Garage
Not that Bob needs any kind of confirmation , but here's a page out of the book "Mustang 1964 1/2-1968" that lists that same paint code.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SCS colors.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	15539  

admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2012, 07:28 AM   #7
67SCSGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Not that Bob needs any kind of confirmation , but here's a page out of the book "Mustang 1964 1/2-1968" that lists that same paint code.
I found out what the issue was...the paint mixers sales guy never gave him the paint code and said the color was a Cadillac color LOL
No wonder it didn't look right!

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions