• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Little REd tribute coming together W/O legal action...

DAR1

After my post on restoration blues I thought I would show the progress that has been made over the last months. The car went back to the paint shop for additional touch up and the filling of the original antenna hole (Paul - it is moved to the proper back position, Thanks). The engine is finally in and running here is a small clip:

http://s426.photobucket.com/albums/pp347/CplMiller/?action=view¤t=Picture001.flv

Attached is a picture after the side stripe has been installed. The hood is not mounted in the picture, it is only sitting in place. There is still all of the badges on the outside to be mounted and and a few other small items but it is getting really close....

(Four more months to driving weather)
Dan

Attachments

• littlered1.jpg
    littlered1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 84
  • littlered2.jpg
    littlered2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 90

Midnight Special

Awesome Dan! 'Was wondering how it was going for you.
Looks like it will be well worth the grief and wait!..

Attachments

• lilred-e.jpg
    lilred-e.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

clubpro

Hey Tim I recognize that image. I wonder where I've seen it before.

Dan,

Great looking car!

Cheers,

Ron

OP
OP
D

DAR1

Scott,
It is not exactly the same as the supercharged 428 in the original. It is a custom built 408 stroker. Normaly aspirated for now...
Dan

P

PNewitt

Sounds great, Dan!

Your Little Red has a certain "WOW factor" to it, that i felt the first time i saw it. You WILL be pleased to see it.

The 408 under the hood looks real nasty, and I can see it shredding some rear tires when you get it.

The folks at the shop (IMO) are very sincere and do nice work. I didn't want ot get into the possible hassle with the delay, but to say that I felt that they were honorable folks.

Sorry if my rear antenna find made for a delay...but it should be cool looking, too.

This GT-500 will be a real head-turner for you (and instant babe magnet, too)

Enjoy!

Paul N.

OP
OP
D

DAR1

Thanks Paul - I am really looking forward to the car being finished.
I also think the guys' hearts are in the right place , it was just a matter of focus. The last nine yards are always the hardest.
Dan

HappyHour

Awesome Dan! 'Was wondering how it was going for you.
Looks like it will be well worth the grief and wait!..

Nice!!

Tim surprised you didnt mention that mean looking Mach1 "17" sitting above in the pix. Would love to be rolling both those bad boys in my garage....and possible a tribute CS\Shelby convertible (chickmagnet) to offset the "dude" magnet issue presented by "mean" muscle cars. :grin:

Midnight Special

Nice!!

Tim surprised you didnt mention that mean looking Mach1 "17" sitting above in the pix. Would love to be rolling both those bad boys in my garage....and possible a tribute CS\Shelby convertible (chickmagnet) to offset the "dude" magnet issue presented by "mean" muscle cars. :grin:

...Indeed Robert! That '70 makes you wonder what else they have cookin' in there besides "Lil Red" ;-)