• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

The CX-1 Window Decal Project

P

PNewitt

Here are two preliminary designs for the CX-1 decal--for both the 1968 and 2007-2009 GT/CS.

The CX-1 designation ("California Experimental ONE") was originally made by Galpin Ford in Los Angeles, in 1968. It was for a modified GT/CS for sale on the lot. It was lowered ,and had some suspension and engine mods, as well as the taillight frames removed for a more "cool" look.

Today, I was given special permission to use this name by Galpin Ford, and have designed these for you to use on your '68, or late model GT/CS.

There is no criteria for you to use these decals on your CS. But--it's an indicator of some modification that you did, or had done on your CS. For the early cars, it might be a suspension kit with poly bushings and sway bars; or an engine mod, or dress up kit. For the late model CSs, it could be a performance "pack" made available, and/or installed by your Ford dealer.

It's totally up to you how you use this decal--mods or no mods. It's meant to be a badge of honor to show off the performance side of your CS (and a "warning" to other muscle cars...LOL!!).

These aren't the final design, but I wanted you all to see what I have cooked up so far. These are meant for use on the rear quarter windows, for both types of CS, and will be about 3 to 4 inches long, each. They will be produced sometime this month, along with the other decals, including the GT/CS Registry, 68, and '07 and '08., as well as a new decal for the HCS Registry.

Any comments are appreciated. The price for each decal has not yet been determined.

Paul Newitt
GT/CS Registrar.

Attachments

• cxone.gif
    cxone.gif
    18.3 KB · Views: 85

68gt390

Paul;
I'm sure use of this "special" decal should bring a few questions at show's. Should be interesting.

Don :grin:

carezcs

Paul
Can these be one of the static cling variety so the could easily be removed and reapplied? The one my son got from college is that way. I don't know what Concours judging allows because I don't enter that class but it may not be legal. Does anybody know?
Bruce

Midnight Special

Here are two preliminary designs for the CX-1 decal--for both the 1968 and 2007-2009 GT/CS.

The CX-1 designation ("California Experimental ONE") was originally made by Galpin Ford in Los Angeles, in 1968. It was for a modified GT/CS for sale on the lot. It was lowered ,and had some suspension and engine mods, as well as the taillight frames removed for a more "cool" look.

Today, I was given special permission to use this name by Galpin Ford, and have designed these for you to use on your '68, or late model GT/CS.

There is no criteria for you to use these decals on your CS. But--it's an indicator of some modification that you did, or had done on your CS. For the early cars, it might be a suspension kit with poly bushings and sway bars; or an engine mod, or dress up kit. For the late model CSs, it could be a performance "pack" made available, and/or installed by your Ford dealer.

It's totally up to you how you use this decal--mods or no mods. It's meant to be a badge of honor to show off the performance side of your CS (and a "warning" to other muscle cars...LOL!!).

Any comments are appreciated. The price for each decal has not yet been determined.

Paul Newitt
GT/CS Registrar.

...Personally, I see this as an open door to added confusion and ambiguity for future owners- in part, adverse to what this site is about. To call your car a CX-1 for fun based on your own mods or whatever - Great! ...But what is an uninformed buyer to think when they start showing up on ebay w/ CX-1 as a selling point? Galpin or Ford won't back it; and the seller will be free to represent it's meaning however he/she wants. Then the purists will chime in with all their usual grumblings, then just more "bad blood".

Like Don says; comments at car shows will get interesting. But how are you prepared to explain your "CX-1" in context with the true history & lineage of the GT/CS?

To me, it's no different than putting Shelby emblems all over your CS. Many dedicated here are spending enough time deciphering clones and what's "real"... How are we expected to explain this when asked 5 years from now?

Truly not trying to be critical, but as defined - 'seems to encourage anyone to stick anything on their car & call it what they want...

Good? bad?? I don't know......

IMO IMO IMO IMO

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

That's OK, it's your opinion.... There's all kinds of stickers and metal emblems that people can, and do put on their GT/CS. I wouldn't expect to see these on a concours car, no more that a Heddmann Headers, "Shelby-Prepared" Cobra or Roush sticker.

These cars are already "confusing" to people no matter what we say or do (I can't figure that out--LOL!), so this will only add to the in-person conversation, make people ask, etc..

I think the late model folks may like these more, since it could connect to the Ford perf packs. More of an owner-explained criteria, than a Ford-backed thing...

I might get Galpin to use the late model ones on their "Galpinized" GT/CSs, but no word back on that yet.

So--these are just for fun--nothing more. I did this, because of the interest I saw here from owners of both generations.

Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I'll still make these, and whomever wishes to buy one or more is welcome to do so.

Paul N.