• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Need side mirror for my CS

Stacey Enderle

When I was looking over the photos of my CS, I just remembered that the round mirror is not original. The original one, I remember about drove everyone NUTS, because it was so wavy. I don't know if it was defective or it was an original attempt by Ford Motor Co. to make convext mirrors. As we were driving down the road, the thing popped off its pedistal and went tumbling and bouncing down the highway. So they replaced it with a different mirror that was not for a CS, but it did the job functionally. I do remember that the mirror was square, but I need to know the exact type to replace the existing mirror to get it is original as possible.

Stacey:ponder:

Mosesatm

Stacey, is it a remote mirror or do you adjust it by rolling down the window?

quicknick

If it's a manual mirror, I have a spare hanging in the shop. It is a correct OEM rectangular takeoff from a 68 I recently parted out. It's in pretty good shape as I recall. If you need it, shoot me a PM. Nicholas

OP
OP
S

Stacey Enderle

mirror

Mosesatm said:
Stacey, is it a remote mirror or do you adjust it by rolling down the window?

Arlie,

It wasn't a remote, but a hand adjustable where you had to roll down your window. My CS had a drivers side only mirror.

Stacey