CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 08/31/2009, 05:35 PM   #1
somethingspecial

My Garage
MCA West Coast Nats

For those who couldn't make it to the MCA West Coast Nationals this last weekend you missed a great time. Things were certainly hot in Van Nuys as temperatures soared to 112 degrees at one point and the "Station Fire" about 20 miles east of us was raining ash down on the show field. Marion Tucker "CalifGirl" won 1st place in "Occasional Driver" Class (She doesn't know yet as she was called to work to work the fast growing fire, I accepted her award for her) and my friend Jim Chism won a "Silver" in "Concours Driven" class with his BEAUTIFUL resorted Sunlit Gold GT/CS. This was the car used in the 1981 movie "Goin all the Way". Doug Courtney "Doug" and his son came out to spectate, Jeff Speegle and Scott Fuller "GTCSmustang" were also on hand with great conversations to be had.

A third 68' GT/CS was on scene but due to unfortunate electical issues was unable to start and never took the field, it just stayed in it's own trailer. No it wasn't mine (I flew down to meet a friend), it was a beautiful black and red special with nice custom features. Randy is a member of this site but I'm sorry I don't remember his moniker. Lots of other great cars, three BOSS 9 cars showed up ready to rock the windows. One 07 GT/CS was on scene as well as the first 641/2' coupe off the assembly line, #000002.

Shelby Mustangs of all vintage were present, as well as just about every other Mustang of every year. Lots of questions about the GT/CS were asked and the crowd that did show up were very happy they did. WHEW!!!!!!!!! 112 degrees makes it hard on everyone. I saw one car with a shadow of the Car Cover Emblem on the hood when the cover was removed. The heat must have caused an oily residue to seep through the cover onto the hood. No perminant damage but it was on a beautiful concours 1969 Shelby Convertible. Just an example of how hot it was.

Well, that is about it. I undertand the next West Coast Nats will be in Seattle, Wa. next year. Hope to see more of you there. Mike

CONGRATULATIONS TO MARION AND JIM for your great wins.

Sorry no pics, upload error occurred. I will try again.

Last edited by somethingspecial; 08/31/2009 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: upload error
somethingspecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2009, 11:13 PM   #2
aemoo28
My Car Details

Looking for Satan 2.

Yes I had my MustangsNW peeps in attendance in Ca this weekend.

Thank you for the mention. Yes MustangsNW is hosting the MCA nat next July, 3rd weekend. Not in Seattle, but at Bellevue Community College. 4 day event, Bremerton Speedway on Thurs, Pony Trails Fri, Sat is big MCA Nat show (est 200 cars), Sun is fun family People's Choice (the BIG show 1000+ cars). Woo hoo! Planning event right now in progress... FUN FUN FUN in the Northwest next year!

Info at this site:

http://www.mustangsnorthwest.com/page15828.asp

Amy (aka MNW Cali Girl)

ISO well behaved, dependable, and determined CS.
aemoo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/01/2009, 05:27 AM   #3
Ruppstang

My Garage
Amy
I can't wait we are planning on attending. I have heard so many good things about your show and we have never been to Washington state. Marty
Ruppstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/01/2009, 08:49 PM   #4
J_Speegle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemoo28 View Post
Yes I had my MustangsNW peeps in attendance in Ca this weekend.

Thank you for the mention. Yes MustangsNW is hosting the MCA nat next July, 3rd weekend. Not in Seattle, but at Bellevue Community College. 4 day event, Bremerton Speedway on Thurs, Pony Trails Fri, Sat is big MCA Nat show (est 200 cars), .........................

Met (think it was) Jeanie at the show this weekend for a quick moment between judging cars. Good luck with the show and if I can do anything to help let me know (have some some judging seminars up there in the past)

Show will be great as usual - see everyone there
J_Speegle is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions