CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 10/06/2005, 06:35 PM   #1
6t8-390gt

What Dealership Sold Your Car

One of my cars sold new at McCoy & Mills Ford in Fullerton, Ca. and my other car sold new at Lutz Ford in Palo Alto, Ca.

Does anyone know anything about these dealers?

Any other members car(s) sell through the same dealer?
6t8-390gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/06/2005, 07:04 PM   #2
CalPaul

Re:What Dealership Sold Your Car

I'm not too far from P.A. and I think Lutz Ford is still there.
CalPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/06/2005, 07:21 PM   #3
6t8-390gt

If you get up that way and can pick up a dealer license plate frame, sticker or anything else I would be willing to pay you for your troubles. Especially if it was vintage stuff.

A picture of the dealership would be cool too.
Old 10/06/2005, 09:02 PM   #4
miller511
My Car Details

My Garage

Both dealers are still around (just do a Yahoo search on the dealer name and city). I would bet that if you called their parts department, they'll be able to send you dealer frames.

I'm still waiting on my Marti report. I ordered the Mac Daddy. I wish it didn't take 6 months to get to me.
Anyway, when I get the report, I'll get the info on the dealer where the car originally sold.
My GT/CS was originally sold in Washington state. So, I hope to get a dealer license plate frame also.
I already found a vintage Washington plate with a 1969 sticker on it.
Does anyone remember if they issued stickers for the very first year of vehicle back then? Wondering if I should be looking for a plate with 1968 tag.
I know that now and as far back as I can remember (in California) you get tags for the month you bought your new car (left side) and another tag with the following year (right side).

miller511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2005, 04:02 AM   #5
390cs68rcode
My Car Details

Have you driven your CS or Cobra Jet today?

eBay: jbsteven1

My Garage

sps

the deluxe Marti report tells you where the car was sold.
390cs68rcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2005, 06:47 AM   #6
case12

'66 Convert., '00 GT Convert., '36 Ford, '07 Shelby GT-H Convt.

eBay: case12

This is a good thread, and something I have been working on for some time for my CS. My CS was bought at Pasadena Motors (Arroya Blvd). As best as I can tell, it is gone now. There is nothing at the address anymore. The google search turned up litigation cases against them in the 80's. I would also be very interested in finding a license plate frame from the dealer, but nothing ever comes up on eBay when I input 'pasadena motor' other than motel postcards. I asked a few mustang parts dealers in the area, and they did not know of Pasadena Motors. If anyone out there, or from CA, knows something about them, please email me. I would love to learn more. Casey
case12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2005, 07:29 AM   #7
Russ

Mustangs Forever

eBay: g350t

My lime gold CS that I'm now restoring came from McCoy & Mills Ford also. This dealership is still in business in Fullerton, CA. My highland green CS came from Taylor-Slatin Ford in Hunnington Park, CA which is now out of business.

Russ

Last edited by Russ; 11/17/2005 at 07:03 AM..
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2005, 07:46 AM   #8
PFSlim
My Car Details

eBay: calspec68

My Garage

A very good question. In August, (for my birthday) my wife ordered a Elite Marti report for our car. I look forward to geting it in another 4 months or so.

Paul
PFSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2005, 11:19 AM   #9
CALIF GIRL
My Car Details

When I bought my GT/CS in about 1981 it had the original owners manuel with all the sales info filled out and also had the maintance documented from the original owner. It was sold in Ridgecrest Ca at Desert Motors, they still are in business.
CALIF GIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2005, 01:08 PM   #10
Mosesatm

[quote author=SPSHLGT link=board=1;threadid=2210;start=0#msg15082 date=1128657721]
My GT/CS was originally sold in Washington state. So, I hope to get a dealer license plate frame also.
I already found a vintage Washington plate with a 1969 sticker on it.
Does anyone remember if they issued stickers for the very first year of vehicle back then? Wondering if I should be looking for a plate with 1968 tag.
[/quote]

It looks like 1963 was the last year Washington had dated plates so the '68 plates should have both stickers.

http://www.licenseplates.tv/index.php/cPath/1_189
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2005, 07:05 PM   #11
6t8-390gt

Russ,

Have you reached out to McCoy & Mills or have any dealer stuff from them? I have talked to one salesman who asked me to write them a letter and they would try to send me some stuff. I was busy finishing my car and haven't done it yet.

My car was delivered in March and sold in May, what about yours?
Old 10/07/2005, 07:38 PM   #12
mmarsalone

My car was sold at Theodore Robbins Ford in Costa Mesa, CA. They are still in business. I called once to see if I could get a copy of an original Bill of Sale. I didn't think about asking for a license plate frame. Anyone near Costa Mesa?

Mike
mmarsalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2005, 07:52 PM   #13
Russ

Mustangs Forever

eBay: g350t

I haven't contacted McCoy & Mills Ford for any dealer items, but I will be going to CA soon, and I'll give them a call. My lime gold CS was built on March 7th and was sold on April 12th. It was a "retail" order, so the first owner ordered the car with the options he/she wanted and then waited five weeks for delivery. Fortunately, the car is a well optioned J code CS with factory A/C, Auto trans, PS, PB and GT styled wheels and wide oval tires.

Russ

Last edited by Russ; 11/17/2005 at 07:04 AM..
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2005, 05:59 AM   #14
murf104

Can anyone identify the dealer code 71C043. I have a Marti report on a car I am considering and am curious who the selling dealer was. The car is not a CS but an S code conv. Thanks in advance for any help provided. Murf
murf104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2005, 10:28 AM   #15
PNewitt

Just as a point of interest, look closely at any original paperwork on your GT/CS. "IF" your paperwork states a particular dealership that sold the car, it might not be the actual dealership that it was sold at.

Dealers; usually in the same local area "trade" cars all the time, and since, in some cases, the CS didn't sell well, some cars may be listed from one Ford dealer, but it was sold through another. Also, there are two or three Ford dealers owned by the same parent company.

I don't mean to undermine the Marti Report, because he works with what Ford provides. But after the dealership has bought the car (and it's on paper that way), anything could have happened.

IF you have paperwork with a specific dealer listed, and no reason (or evidence) to question that information, then go with it. I am just tossing a bit of reality with how dealers "deal" back and forth.

On another note--I think it's great that folks out there are looking for dealer plate frames for others' cars from outside the original area. Swap meets are a good place to find those 1968 vintage metal dealer frames.

Paul N.

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions