• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Dealership

Maine gt/cs

My car was delivered to Jackson Motors in Newport, Wa. along with another car that is a t code and from San Jose. I don,t know if it is a GT/CS and don,t find it in any registry. Has anyone in Wa. ever heard of this dealership and have any information on it. I understand it might still be operating. Just looking for anything paper wise or anything else to go along with my car at shows. Thanks for any information you can provide. Have a happy and safe 4th.

Tim

Mosesatm

Newport is a town of only 2,000+- people. I'm surprised it would have had a Ford dealership. There is a Newport area of Seattle, but I don't think it is a recognized town.
Can you get any more information?

OP
OP
Maine gt/cs

Maine gt/cs

Newport is a town of only 2,000+- people. I'm surprised it would have had a Ford dealership. There is a Newport area of Seattle, but I don't think it is a recognized town.
Can you get any more information?

My Marti Report says this for the dealership. Jackson Motors, 137 S. Washington A. Newport, WA. 99156. Has dist. 74 which is Seattle Ordering District. I have a sheet of paper from the dealership that has everything delivered to it from 5/3/1968 to 7/3/1968. with the date of delivery card and date floored, how much the car was sold for and the original owners name. Very interesting.

BroadwayBlue

A Google search turned up the following article.

Jackson Motors was purchased by Addis Motors.

Addis moved a Chevy dealer into the Ford site and the Ford site was moved to an old Chevy dealer site and renamed Tom Addis Ford.

"Once the sale is final, Addis will move Jackson Motors from 137 S. Washington, where the dealership has been located since 1948, to leased space near the southwest corner of the intersection of U.S. 2 and Idaho state Route 41, he says. That location, which is just inside the Washington state border, formerly was a Chevrolet dealership, but has been vacant for several years, Addis says."

http://www.spokanejournal.com/local-news/addis-buys-dealership-in-newport/

It seems that Tom Addis Newport Ford may now be closed as well.

Looks like he also owns Lake City Ford at 315 W Clayton Ave, Coeur d'Alene, ID 83815

Mosesatm

The T-code is not a GT/CS.
According to the Marti the T-code's dealership number is 74E452 with a DSO of 74 (Seattle)