View Single Post
Old 11/19/2007, 04:56 PM   #7
1968 HCS
My Car Details

Thanks for you response

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlue View Post
Hi Joe,
First off, Welcome to the site!! I see you're new here!

You'll find a lot of good information on the site as you may have already noticed. Check all the sections, not just the forums for info and and there plenty of us here on the forums that can help out too.

We'll do our best to answer your questions. But we need some more info on the car.

If you could post the VIN number and data tag info that would be helpful. While that can't confirm a car is an HCS or GT/CS it could help us figure out if it isn't.
Only a Marti Report can confirm if it's truly an original HCS or GT/CS from the factory.
(excluding original build sheets or original owners)

Do you have a Marti Report for the car?
Are you familiar with them?

Where did you get the Build Date and DSO and other info from? It seems like from a Marti report but please confirm.

If you have a report, do you have the ability to scan in the report and post it? Or maybe take a picture of it and post it?

If you can supply us with some additional info we'll try to answer your questions and help you confirm if it's a true HCS or not. Without all the info it's difficult to assist.

By the way - where about are you in NY? I'm in NY as well.
To all & Broadway Blue

Thanks for all or your responses to my questions.

As far for the no brainer from previous responses I've only owned the car for 10 days so bear with me as the infomation requests unfold.

From what I know of this car is that it's second owner was a young college student in Connecticut and wasn't very resposible since the car was traded for his boarding fees while attending college. This could explain why the hood and fog lights are missing. Possibly he sold them or was in an accident at one point in time.
The Vin number is as follows 8 R 0 1 C 1 1 6 6 1 3

This car has the Shelby taillights, fiberglass trunk and molded spolier. Also I did notice is that the striping on the rear spolier goes around the Mustang emblem. Not across the top edge like with the California Specials. Like I mentioned I'm new to this car so please bear with me.

The report isn't a Marti but it's been trasferered with the car from the second or third owner. I do plan on ordering this report.
There is a 15M next to the scheduled for build date of December 15, 1967
The car was sold thru:
Hover Motors Inc
2985 Federal Blvd.
Denver, CO 80211

I'll post the rest of the numbers that forum members have asked for tomorrow since the weather is terrible and the car is wrapped up like a sausage.
Thanks again for all of your help.

Broadway Blue thanks for your help.
The car is now located on Long Island, NY
1968 HCS is offline   Reply With Quote