• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 New Guy Hello

OP
OP
S

Scotti

...Seriously speaking, you obviously have the heart, soul and skills to turn that sadly C-code into an awesome ambassador of the GT/CS lineage - with befitting power, drama and excitement! I can't wait to hear of your driving adventures (which to me are the best car shows going) :) There's no better thing than to be caught (unexpectedly and spontaneously) in doing what you love!

Amen!!!!

OP
OP
S

Scotti

I gotta tell ya, I was thinking just an RV cam, now after looking at the HP motor I'm thinking hmmm...

OP
OP
S

Scotti

I do prefer old fashion HP but...

Attachments

• 1001839p.jpg
    1001839p.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 27

robert campbell

Scotti,
Had a Paxton on my first Mustang. 1967 Fastback with a stock 10 to 1 289 with a bit of a cam and Cobra aluminum intake. C4 with a shift kit and 3.80 rear end gears. It made impressive power increases and when I turned the drive pulley down and upped the boost from 6 to 9 pounds at 6,000 rpm, it made even mo power!!

The positive displacement blowers are more responsive at low rpms and just build power like stink!! Got 12 pounds on my GNS 10 to 1 motor! Gotta run the water methanol injection and it works awesome.

Rob

OP
OP
S

Scotti

Hey guys, looking for some advice / opinions. Am I better off buying parts from a 67 - 68 mustang being parted out. Or new replica parts from Mustang unlimited or one of the other parts houses out there? From what I have seen, parts cars will require more expense and labor which is fine if it makes sense..

Thanks

Mosesatm

IMO use original Ford parts whenever possible, even if you need to rebuild them.

rvrtrash

Repop parts never seem to fit right. They all require some degree of "adjustment". The only NOS or original I wouldn't seek are soft parts like weatherstripping, upholstery, etc. The rubber or vinyl dries out over time and cracks.

robert campbell

Repop parts never seem to fit right. They all require some degree of "adjustment". The only NOS or original I wouldn't seek are soft parts like weatherstripping, upholstery, etc. The rubber or vinyl dries out over time and cracks.

Adjustment = "adjusting metal to factory specifications" Bending of stuff to make it work.......

+1 on repop stuff. Never seems to fit correct....