• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1966-67 HCS Johnnie Harper dealer badge?

67SCSGT

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a badge for the rear taillight panel for my '67 SCS. It was purchased from Johnnie Harper Ford in CO.

Any leads on any or where to find one would be great. I know this may be a hard item to find so not gonna lose sleep over it if I can't find one.

Thanks!

gt/csj4

They make the panels repro now, just make sure you get the right one (fastbacks are different than coupes/verts) but I had one of the repro panels on my 67 GTA and it fit very well

Cheers

oops just re-read that haha never mind

Last edited:

hicountrybob

They make the panels repro now, just make sure you get the right one (fastbacks are different than coupes/verts) but I had one of the repro panels on my 67 GTA and it fit very well

Cheers

Joey, I think he is referring to the dealer metal badges (in his case), and/or plastic and paper stickers that auto dealers mount on the rear of their new/used stock to advertise their dealership. I have a couple of coffee cans with mostly metal tags (another hobby) 'cause I look for ( only Colorado) dealer tags, mostly Ford but others, too at junkyards and swap meets. I'll ck. tomorrow and see if I have a Johnny Harper metal tag. Also, my friend, Darrell was parts manager at Harper Ford when he sold out to JOHN ELWAY, remember him??? and Darrell was able to get a round 16" Johnny Harper clock that was on the wall in the parts dept when he helped clean house for the new owner. PS,he may have a rear tag--I'll find out. Bob Teets here. GOOD NIGHT, ALL.

gt/csj4

Darrell..... the Ford motor tuning guru? The one who helped build my infamous cobra jet killer 289, Darrell? Haha.
Bobby got your voice mail only just today (was in steamboat for a last year hoopla) I'm gonna give you a call tomorrow and fill you in on past month details. And you still need to come by and give me the "Teets" stamp of approval on the Cal

Ruppstang

I have a couple of coffee cans with mostly metal tags (another hobby) 'cause I look for ( only Colorado) dealer tags, mostly Ford but others, too at junkyards and swap meets.

Bob do you have anything from Bill Goodro Ford in Denver for our 68 HCS? I would love to find a drive off tag or frame, key fob and tail light panel plackard.
Marty

OP
OP

67SCSGT

Joey, I think he is referring to the dealer metal badges (in his case), and/or plastic and paper stickers that auto dealers mount on the rear of their new/used stock to advertise their dealership. I have a couple of coffee cans with mostly metal tags (another hobby) 'cause I look for ( only Colorado) dealer tags, mostly Ford but others, too at junkyards and swap meets. I'll ck. tomorrow and see if I have a Johnny Harper metal tag. Also, my friend, Darrell was parts manager at Harper Ford when he sold out to JOHN ELWAY, remember him??? and Darrell was able to get a round 16" Johnny Harper clock that was on the wall in the parts dept when he helped clean house for the new owner. PS,he may have a rear tag--I'll find out. Bob Teets here. GOOD NIGHT, ALL.

That's really cool Bob...would be great if you have one for Johnnie Harper. I did read that Elway bought them out a few years back. I think the dealer is now closed...maybe.

I'll post a pic of the rear panel of my Stang to show the holes for where I presume the dealer tag once was. Funny thing is I hate when dealers put the stickers on the new cars today but think they cool good on the old cars!

hicountrybob

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a badge for the rear taillight panel for my '67 SCS. It was purchased from Johnnie Harper Ford in CO.

Any leads on any or where to find one would be great. I know this may be a hard item to find so not gonna lose sleep over it if I can't find one.

Thanks!

You've found one. Send mailing address, $10.00, a carton of C0LD LOADED PEPSI(don't go cheap on me!! and $1.92 for mailing, and it will be on the way to your door. Bob Teets here.

gt/csj4

You've found one. Send mailing address, $10.00, a carton of C0LD LOADED PEPSI(don't go cheap on me!! and $1.92 for mailing, and it will be on the way to your door. Bob Teets here.

He's not kidding either.... Better be at least 34.6 degrees or deals off lol:wink:

hicountrybob

I have a couple of coffee cans with mostly metal tags (another hobby) 'cause I look for ( only Colorado) dealer tags, mostly Ford but others, too at junkyards and swap meets.

Bob do you have anything from Bill Goodro Ford in Denver for our 68 HCS? I would love to find a drive off tag or frame, key fob and tail light panel plackard.
Marty

Marty, sorry I have ZIP items from Goodro Ford but inside the tailgate on my 390 '67 Ranchero, there is a Goodro Ford DECAL which runs up and down on the end of driver side quarter above the hinge on the tailgate, I am actually quite surprised that I have found ZIPPO items like key chains, pens, lic. plate frames etc. because Bill Goodro Ford sold a heck of a lot of Mustangs in our city (DENVER). Also, when he died, his wife, ANN, took over this FORD store (after a chat with the powers ie. Ford corporate brass) and really did a neat makeover in the showroom to attract the women buyers ie. she was the power behind the SHE COUNTRY SPECIAL Mustang ie. 3 soft colors and 6 banger coupes etc. and also the SKI COUNTRY SPECIALS and the HIGH COUNTRY SPECIALS. Look this stuff up in the Rocky Mountain News and the Denver Post ads usually in the business pages for these 66-67-68 cars. The larger libraries have this stuff on micro film for your enjoyment. 10 o'clock, people, I'm done. sa la ve for now!!!!! Bob Teets here.

OP
OP

67SCSGT

Sweet! Thanks Bob! This will be a good item to get back on the car.
I'll drop you a PM for your address.

sportyworty

That is very cool. Bob is likely the only man on the planet that could have pulled that rabbit out of his hat or...can in this case. Take care of him Mike he "dun ya good" Let me know if you want that coffee bar no binders though

Ruppstang

Marty, sorry I have ZIP items from Goodro Ford but inside the tailgate on my 390 '67 Ranchero, there is a Goodro Ford DECAL which runs up and down on the end of driver side quarter above the hinge on the tailgate, I am actually quite surprised that I have found ZIPPO items like key chains, pens, lic. plate frames etc. because Bill Goodro Ford sold a heck of a lot of Mustangs in our city (DENVER). Also, when he died, his wife, ANN, took over this FORD store (after a chat with the powers ie. Ford corporate brass) and really did a neat makeover in the showroom to attract the women buyers ie. she was the power behind the SHE COUNTRY SPECIAL Mustang ie. 3 soft colors and 6 banger coupes etc. and also the SKI COUNTRY SPECIALS and the HIGH COUNTRY SPECIALS. Look this stuff up in the Rocky Mountain News and the Denver Post ads usually in the business pages for these 66-67-68 cars. The larger libraries have this stuff on micro film for your enjoyment. 10 o'clock, people, I'm done. sa la ve for now!!!!! Bob Teets here.

Bob thanks for looking! Here is a idea. How about if you can get me a good digital image of the decal on your Ranchero and I will try to have it reproduced. Also measure it so I can get the correct size. Marty

gt/csj4

I think he sold that ranchero a few years ago and some gentleman restored it. Not sure if bob is still in contact with him tho. Loved that truck, it towed my first mustang home...sniff sniff, memories:sad: