• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

craigslist, Wa. GT/CS project

rvrtrash

I emailed him, but if someone closer wants it, go for it.

Steve

(Missing front end-Missing engine--this car is just crying for a supercharged 302 and Shelby nose!)

HappyHour

Dam that picture looks 13 years old! Is the Washington DSO correct? High Lander? Is that the name given to you peeps up in da NorthWest? Hey "classics" here is a CS (maybe) under $5K...its got woodgrain for chrissakes!!

(uploaded 2 more pics)

Last edited:

heliaster

I'm down in Portland, I might be able to get away and look at this for someone, at least take some better photos.

-Zac

aemoo28

I'm in SEATTLE and I've sent an email to ask to take pics for you guys.

What areas of the car should I focus on? Pics of certain things specifically?

(Wait, changed my mind- it says Olympia. Can't. Must focus on this textbook.)

Last edited:

rvrtrash

I just talked to the guy on the phone and the car is in La Center. He describes it as pretty rough and it's been hit in the front. I'll probably wait until the passes are better and if he still has it, look at it then.

Steve

classicsguy

Dam that picture looks 13 years old! Is the Washington DSO correct? High Lander? Is that the name given to you peeps up in da NorthWest? Hey "classics" here is a CS (maybe) under $5K...its got woodgrain for chrissakes!!

(uploaded 2 more pics)

I already e mailed him...doubt that is a Gt but intersting car!!! Thanks!!

HappyHour

Not sure if Steve asked about a Marti....my question would center around who would have to dig it out of the garage. :tongue:

rvrtrash

I did ask but he'd never heard of a Marti. He was positive it was a CS but didn't have proof, other than saying some guy from Canada came down, looked at it and proclaimed it original. I asked for him to email me the VIN but he hasn't done it yet. Drivers door has been replaced so can't get data off the tag and he says it was originally Highland Green---hence the high lander comment. He did say the taillight harness was uncut and correct, it has the inner taillight plates, and he does have a hood and fender stashed somewhere. He's firm on the price, but one never knows.

Steve

aemoo28

Uh, did you say dig? Is it possible this is a CS?

I've asked permission to post his email if anyone is interested...?
:icon_pani Looks scary.

attachment.php

No problem, my name is Gordon. Home # 360-352-3691 cell# 360-281-0664 thanks for the interest

Attachments

• Olympia GTCS2.jpg
    Olympia GTCS2.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Hi my name is Gordon and if any of you guys have questions about that GT/CS in washington with crap piled all over it you can reply directly to me so things don't get so tossed around before it hits your eyes. I was almost as mad reading your comments as I was when I saw my car for the first time in 5 years! By the way I posted the vin # on the craigs list add also.

HappyHour

Hey there Gordon...my bad I hope my comments werent offending or gave a bad impression of the forum. You have a great diamond in the rough and we hope it finds a good home on its way for restoration to its former glory.

I was actually likening it to when Leno pulled that Douzenburg out of the garage in SoCal that was buried and did a restore on it on the show Rides? Very cool.

Anyways...Ill be busy getting my size 10 out of my mouth! :wink:

aemoo28

Yay hooray! Another Washingtonian! Welcome a1badass! Sorry for my/our rudeness. You know, if your interest is cars, there is a lot of support to restore them on this site! Lotsa knowledge here! Keep it and see what happens!

classicsguy

I did ask but he'd never heard of a Marti. He was positive it was a CS but didn't have proof, other than saying some guy from Canada came down, looked at it and proclaimed it original. I asked for him to email me the VIN but he hasn't done it yet. Drivers door has been replaced so can't get data off the tag and he says it was originally Highland Green---hence the high lander comment. He did say the taillight harness was uncut and correct, it has the inner taillight plates, and he does have a hood and fender stashed somewhere. He's firm on the price, but one never knows.

Steve

I ordered a Marti Report : Its a true GT/CS Highland Green Ivy gold standard buckets. NON GT car,

C-4 Cruise o matic
F70X14 Wide oval tires
AM radio

I would appreciate if anyone can take a lok at this car for me. I spoke to Gordon and he was very helpful and answered all my questions.

Yay hooray! Another Washingtonian! Welcome a1badass! Sorry for my/our rudeness. You know, if your interest is cars, there is a lot of support to restore them on this site! Lotsa knowledge here! Keep it and see what happens!

I don't have time for it. It did not look this way when I put it the shop. Oh well ! I also have a 68 fastback that will more then likely be my last project. I'm doing a GT350 clone

Timmknz

I'm not too far and need a road trip

If nobody else is headed over, I might be able to. I'm only 3 hours away and need a road trip. I'll repost on Friday and see how everything (including our mountain passes) is looking.
Tim

I ordered a Marti Report : Its a true GT/CS Highland Green Ivy gold standard buckets. NON GT car,

C-4 Cruise o matic
F70X14 Wide oval tires
AM radio

I would appreciate if anyone can take a lok at this car for me. I spoke to Gordon and he was very helpful and answered all my questions.

Hi classicguy when Zack called my cell # I was out Halibut fishing. I knew nothing about anyone coming to look at it untill he called sat,morn. A guy from Canada says he is coming on tues to buy it. We will see, You had not contacted me to let me know you were still interested. Call me you should still have my #s