• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Window Regulators

Willy 1

Hi everyone need some info. on window regulators. Ever since I have owned this car the driver side window always seems like it will not roll up all the way comes up about a quarter of a inch short of the top. Today I decided it was time to fix that thinking the stops or something easy like that was the issue. Well tried the stops and adjusting the window nothing seems to help. So ended up with the window regulator out and checking everything out, it looks to me like somebody put a passenger side regulator in this door. I know they should have different part numbers so that must mean there is a slight difference if one is installed upside down. Anyone else had this issue? Thanks

OP
OP
W

Willy 1

Well I have the same part number on both sides of the car. lol If a person looks for new regulators they have two different numbers. Not sure what to think.

OP
OP
W

Willy 1

I just went and checked again to see what the difference is. On the regulator there is the long solid arm and the two shorter ones that pivot in the center of the long arm. One of these shorter arms one is longer than the other. When put on correctly the long arm is up. When on the wrong side it fits on the bottom. So I think that is where I am coming up a little short, find out when I get the new one.