• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Is your GT/CS a non-stock Color?

P

PNewitt

How many of you either own, or know of a non-stock color GT/CS or HCS?

That is--is it painted another stock '68 color, or is it a completely different color (non-'68, non-Ford, etc.)?

I once saw a "root beer" color GT/CS at a car show at Knotts many years ago. It was later in Mustang Illustrated.

What do you think of GT/CS (HCS) cars painted non-stock colors?

As a side note--I just saw a 2005 little Scion car painted a great red color--perfect for a Little Red replica.

Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Here is the URL if you want to see this color.

http://www.nctd.com/review-intro.cfm?Vehicle=2005_Scion_xA&ReviewID=1582

It's apparently a limited edition 2005 "bright red" color. Anyone wishing to get this color for a Mustang, ask for the 2005 Scion xA "bright red" at a local automotive paint company.

Honda made a hot red color, as well as an Acura a couple of years ago. I think that the Little Red car was not Ferrari Red, but stock candy apple red, but I need to research that further to be sure.

"IF" you would like to go with the 2005 FORD GT red color (called "Mark IV Red Clearcoat", get a look at this cool website:
http://www.fordvehicles.com/fordgt/colorselector.asp

Sooo.....you could build a set of GT-500 (or GT-350) '68 Coupes like Little Red, including "Little Tungsten", "Little Blue" (with a parchment top), etc..etc...and use those 6-spoke BBS wheels, too!
Food for thought.

Paul N.

PFSlim

Paul N.

Just my thoughts. We worked hard to go back to original color inside and outside. We asked for a Ford report when we first started our restoration. I kindof wanted a black mustang, but my brother quickly pointed out that for this car (the GT/CS) we really should go back to original color to attempt to preserve whatever market value is.

In saying that, I am not against someone changing colors or not going with original color. I very much agree with this group when they say "It is your car - do what makes you happy".

Now, I am extremely happy to have the blue. We get alot of compliments about the color of the car and the paint job. It will be very nice to get our Marti report and show people what color our car should be - according to Marti. By the way, our painter used the Acapulco Blue paint and a gallon of clear coat for our car.

Good post Paul N.

Paul

luisa2552

My vote would be to keep them stock. My car is in now for paint and I can't say my husband and I didn't discuss other colors. He'd do red with a white interior. I love the look of blue with a white vinyl top and interior. But we have a Highland Green (awesome color!) and thant's what we'll leave it.

rvrtrash

When I bought mine, it was black with a white stripe, but they hadn't painted the door jambs, trunk or under the hood to match and you could scrape the paint off with your thumbnail. I decided to go back to the original white, even though I'm not a big fan of white, just because of originality. Now that it's done, I kind of like the way the red stripe makes it "pop".
Steve

joedls

My car was originally Sunlit Gold, and someone prior to my purchase painted it Wimbledon White. I love the color, even though I had never really been a fan of white cars before. The Wimbledon White is a rich, creamy color. I'm don't really care about it being original. I love the car and have other non-stock plans for it as well.

Perkchiro

My stock color was lime gold with ivy gold interior. Couldn't bring myself to restore it back to that color, so I went to a stock color for 68, Candyapple red with black interior. Sorry to the purists, I do understand the opinions to retain stock colors, but my intent to do nothing permanent to the car that can't be changed in the future. If you're going to live with the car, drive it and enjoy it, I think you should make it whatever color you like. Just my 2 cents.
Steve

68Fan

I like original as well but being I have an Acapulco Blue CS it’s pretty easy on the eyes. The Lime Gold, Sunlit Gold and others really stand out and look fantastic however, they may not be for everyone especially if the interior is a contrasting color. I can appreciate both original and non but would hate to see a CS in neon or camouflage. Aren't here laws against that?

Peace,

Sean (aka 68Fan)