• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Marchal Fog Light Covers

68gt390

Paul;
The Lucas lights had covers but, as far as I'm aware of the Marchal's never came with covers. I have heard of folks making their own. Maybe others on the site can shed more light on this one.

Don 8)

bbeatty

I've only heard of homemade ones as well. :( I have even spent some time poking around European web sites but I've never seen anything from Marchal that would work.

Mr. Shelby Guy

I got a pair at JC Whitney and painted them black. Then, I got the "GT/CS" from the stripe on the sides and put it on the covers. It looks very sharp.

68sunlitgold

Everyone is correct, there where no covers made for the Marchal lights. I am currently having some made here in Korea. They will be black vinyl with elastic around the back to keep them on. I am placing foam behind it and them placing white "Marchal" and the Marchal cat on the front, once it is done I will take pictures. I don't know what it will cost me but everything can be made in Korea relatively inexpensive.

I also thought of making a GT/CS coin and patch, anyone interested?

Doug

hookedtrout

I use black KC soft light covers. They fit perfect, I've had them on there for probably 10 years however so I'm not sure they even make them anymore. They have an elastic cinch on the back side and padded inside.

Hook

our special

I am using KC soft covers too, and they are a perfect fit. I got a set about two years ago, still in the blister pack on ebay. I searched ebay under KC soft light covers, or something similiar to that, and there were listings for both black and white covers. These covers come in different sizes, so make sure they are the same size as the lights. The actual name on the cover is KC HiLiTES.

Dave

case12

Doug, Good idea on the patches. I would be interested. Maybe it could be done to noting the registry as well?

Once graphics are decided, we could have just about anything made - shirts, caps....??

Casey

our special

Brian, I looked at the site that you posted and none of those covers look like what I have. The lettering on the covers that I have is much smaller and is on the bottom left corner of the cover. Sorry that I can't post a photo but there maybe someone else who can. If not, I will send a photo to Jon and he can work his magic.
Dave

rvrtrash

Hey Doug. I'm interested in the patch and coin also. Let me know when you decide what it will look like and what the cost will be.
Steve

Sarge

Doug,
I am interested in the coin and patch, but what I am most interested in are the Marchal fog lamp covers. Any chance you could ask them to quote say, 5 or 10 sets, and let the members here buy them to help defray your costs for the first set? I know I would "pony up" in a heartbeat... get it, ;) ;) ;)
Thanks,
Robert

68sunlitgold

I am in the design stages of the patch and coin, want it to be alittle different then the original decal but have some of the same traits. I will post what I have when I think it is almost final.

As for the covers, once I have one made I will take some pictures and post them here for everyone to look at and then make more if they are good.

Doug

68gt390

Doug;
I to would be interested in the light covers as well as the patch and coin. I find it rather odd that no outside company has tried to cash in on the light covers for the Marchal's since none have ever existed. Good luck with the design of the patch and coin. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

Don :D

our special

Hook, those are the covers that I am using too. They fit perfectly and they don't take anything away from the looks of the Car. They also hide the Marchals nicely on those ocassions when you really don't want them to stand out. They are certainly worth picking up until something beter comes along.

Dave

hookedtrout

Dang good buy with the buy it now option as well, I'm sure I paid 2-3 times that much 10-15 years ago when I bought mine. I agree with ya on the fact that the black kind of keeps them hidden and the padding inside does a good job of protecting them while driving as well.

Hook

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Good information folks. I appreciate it. I am interested in any good cover, if someone sees one or has some made. Thanks again.

Paul

68gt390

Hook;
I was able to purchase a brand new pair off of ebay tonight for $2.00. Not a bad buy. Anything that will protect the lights is well worth it. Thanks to everybody for the info. I had no idea the KC's would work that well. Thanks again.

Don ;D