• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS on cover of Mustang Times

Jayscal

I got my new issue of "Mustang Times" today, if you don't know, thats the official magazine of the Mustang Club of America. Gracing the cover is a beautiful sunlit gold California Special. It has a very nice write up, and pays respect to Paul Newitt as author of the GT/CS book/registry, and mentions our website. This is great, now all the members of the Mustang Club of America, will learn about our Special cars.

I would like to welcome any new vistors refered by "Mustang Times". Please enjoy our website, and check out our gallery of fine cars.

Jay

68sunlitgold

The person is on our website....it is case12...or better know as Casey who is doing the license plate frames for us.

GREAT LOOKING CAR....how did you keep it a secret?

Doug

GTCSNJ

I can’t believe all the recent GT/CS media exposure: Barrett-Jackson televised auction, the reference to GT/CS in the Green Hornet Article in Motor Trend Classic Magazine and now Mustang Times cover article. What’s next SAAC membership?

Gary

68sunlitgold

Heres a picture of the cover for those that do not get Mustang Times.

Doug

Attachments

• Caseys cover.jpg
    Caseys cover.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 66

case12

I wasn't going to say anything until the article actually came out - you never know what could happen. Honestly, I have not even seen it yet - as my Mustang Times has not yet arrived. So, other than what I sent them over the holiday break, I dont know what it looks like. The editor at MT, Mary Jean, is great to deal with, and it was fun working with her.

Many thanks to Paul N. who edited the article with me. I wanted it to be historically accurate, as it was going to be published for the Mustang Club of America. Hopefully the article will be a good spring board for Paul's new book on the GTCS/HCS coming out.

I also hope it makes the GTCS/HCS owners, and especially those on this site, proud of our rare Mustang. I did include a link to this site for others in MCA to experience what a great group of helpful people there are on this forum.

I would especially like to welcome any fellow MCA members that are coming to view the site for the first time.

Thanks, Casey MCA#54572

68gt390

Nice looking cover Casey. See, I'm able to keep a secret. :grin:
Hopefully, my copy will get here in the next few days. I think it's great that our cars are finally getting their just rewards. I just hope the diecast model turns out this good.

Don

hicountrybob

GTCSNJ said:
I can’t believe all the recent GT/CS media exposure: Barrett-Jackson televised auction, the reference to GT/CS in the Green Hornet Article in Motor Trend Classic Magazine and now Mustang Times cover article. What’s next SAAC membership?

Gary
Gary, I can't find the Motor Trend Classic ( I asked for Jan-Feb) at by book and mag store and they've pulled it up and are at lost to even find it. What gives????????? or can you run me a copy of the article? Hicountry Bob Teets here,

390cs68rcode

hicountrybob said:
Gary, I can't find the Motor Trend Classic ( I asked for Jan-Feb) at by book and mag store and they've pulled it up and are at lost to even find it. What gives????????? or can you run me a copy of the article? Hicountry Bob Teets here,

I made a thread with the article scanned into it. look back a few weeks.

luisa2552

So what, now you guys are racing to see who can post a referal thread fastest?? Too bad the clock doesn't get down to the seconds!

case12

4118 Produced: 3867 GTCS's and 251 HCS's

Well, I got home and my Mustang Times had arrived (my kids hid it from me at first knowing I was looking for it).

I am certainly pleased with making the cover -The editor did not tell me about that. Also, I was happy making the huge center-fold...and yes, I am drooling over the center-fold (don't go there!).

The editor does have liberty to edit, and so some things were left out or altered. One thing I want to clear up: For some reason the editor inserted that there were 4,325 GT/CS's built (probably from some early literature that guessed at that production number). The quote in the article I sent read:

" 3867 GT/CS California Specials plus another 251 High Country Specials (GT/CS's altered later in 1968 for the Denver district) total to the 4118 number often used for both combined."

So, for clarity: There are 4118 GTCS's and HCS's combined (per Kevin Marti). The breakdown is 3867 GTCS's and 251 HCS's in 1968.

With the one production number exception, I am quite pleased with the job they did. Casey

coloradoHCS

hicountrybob said:

Bob, I was at Barnes and Noble Booksellars near Southwest Plaza on Monday and they had about 5-7 copies left in the magazine rack section. This is the one at Wadsworth and Bowles.

Mark.

Mosesatm

coniferhi said:
Bob, I was at Barnes and Noble Booksellars near Southwest Plaza on Monday and they had about 5-7 copies left in the magazine rack section. This is the one at Wadsworth and Bowles.

Mark.

I used to be able to walk there from my house in Governors Ranch. Best Chinese restaurant in Denver is just West of the B&N. Yen King I think it's called.

Sure do miss Denver!:sad:

P

PNewitt

Congrats, Casey!

You did an excellent, accurate job on the article, and thanks for promoting us, and the website, too!

Paul N.