• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

MY MUSTANG MARTI REPORT ARRIVED!!

davidathans

My factory window sticker was for $4114.30. The GTCS option was only an extra $194.31. My mustang was sold at Wilson Ford Sales on Beach Blvd in Huntington Beach CA.

A really cool thing i learned was that my mustang was produced six days ahead of schedule, but was not sold until May 17, 1969. So it sat on the dealer lot for over a year before anyone bought it!

My mustang is very unique for this reason:

Of the
317,423 1968 Mustangs,
249,456 were Hardtops. Of them,
4,118 were California Specials and
2,705 of those had 289-2V Engines, of which
2,320 had Automatic transmissions. Of those,
163 were painted Highland Green. Of them,
76 had Black Standard Bucket Seats.
20 of them had an Air Conditioner, of which
1 had a Tilt-Away steering wheel.
My mustang is that mustang!!!

I am proud to say that that feature still works on my car and it surprises people all the time.

The car sold for $4114.30....yet today it has over $30,000 into it. hahaha

Does anyone else have their Marti Report with something unique like this to share?

David

PFSlim

David

Very nice. We have not ordered our copy yet of the Marti Report. I am interested in which report you selected. As well, I have not heard how much a Marti report costs. Can you share?

Paul

case12

Basic Marti Report, showing options and confirming car as CS is only $17 and can be ordered at the VIN REPORTS section of this site. That is what I ordered. Other versions, like the elite version mentioned on this thread, add more information of which you can see the descriptions of what are avaialble at the VIN REPORTS section. Casey

OP
OP
davidathans

davidathans

I recieved the CaliforniaSpecial.com Calendar and noticed that Bob Teets's 1968 HCS was a code R (428CJ) i was wondering if that was a special order and how much it cost. My original sticker states that the 289 base engine was only $105.63. Also, what was the horsepower/torque factory rating on that engine and how many GTCS/HCS came with 428's....did any come with the 427?

68gt390

David;
There were no 68 mustangs produced with the 427. It was dropped in Dec 67. From the factory, Ford rated the 428 at a conservative 335 horsepower but, I know they dyno much higher than that. It's rating was done for insurance reasons. Most if not all big block cars in 67 & 68 were under rated on horsepower for insurance purposes. Good example would be the Boss 302 (although not a big block) was rated at 290 hp but, I know of several that were tested and dynoed well over 400 hp in stock trim. Torque on the 427 was around 460 @ 3200 rpms. Total numbers produced for the GT/CS with 428 CJ I'm not sure of but, I'll bet there wasn't very many (less than 30). Hope this answers your questions.

Don 8)

deestix

Guys,
The Marti report is a must-have item. And don't forget there is a middle option, between the $17 basic report (which will confirm the GT/CS option, and is essential to get before purchasing any GT/CS) and the $200 Elite report.
I have the $40 Deluxe report, which gives you the door data plate info, the dealer info (my car was originally sold in Hawaii, and now resides in NJ; I wish the car could talk), factory options, production dates, and statistics for DSO, paint/trim, and engine/transmission.
It's a nice report. I actually ordered this report from Kevin Marti himself while at the 40th anniversary show in Nashville. It was ready for me to pick up an hour later. So ordering it was fun too!

OP
OP
davidathans

davidathans

Thanks for the info Don. That Boss 302 making over 400 is impressive. My motor is a 347 with aluminum heads and a good cam going to 6500 rpm and i think it makes just about 400, probably not more.

If the the boss 302 makes over 400 in stock form that is really something...do you know what rpm's it would rev to and the specs on the stock cam? I heard that the 427 was a better motor than the 428 in terms of power...is that true? why/why not?

Less than 30 gtcs's came with 428's...bob teets' gallery says that 9 HCS's came with 428's. Do you know how much it says on the sticker for the 428 engine? The base 289 was $105.63, im just curious how much more for the 428? Also the GTCS's that came with the 428..did they come with C6's? or Manuals? Did they beef up the rear end with a 9 inch also?

Thanks
David

1fb1gtcs

Well I couldn't find a price on the 428 cj option but yes, they did come with a nine inch nod-iron rearend with staggered shocks. I'm not sure how to find out how many were C6's or manuals, the real pros will have to field that one! ;)

PFSlim

David

So, what all came with the $200 Marti? Is it everything shown in display in your gallery? GT/CS pic, window sticker, ?, ?.

Can someone also tell me what comes with the Deluxe version?

Paul

68gt390

Paul;
Go to the upper left hand corner and click on VIN REPORTS and you can see a Deluxe Report. It shows a complete picture of it.

Don ;)

OP
OP
davidathans

davidathans

Ya the Elite Report is what is inside the frame. The window sticker, the Deluxe report sheet, and the Thing in the upper right that tells an interesting fact about your car and the door tag.

Hey thanks for that really cool 3 page article link on the 428CJ !! that is awesome.