• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

WTB: Clutch Pedal Assembly

jaystang

Hey Guys,
Does anyone happen to have a clutch pedal assembly there looking to sell? I'm in the process of a C4 to T5 conversion and I'm having a hard time tracking one down. They seem to be few and far between on ebay.

Thanks,
~Jamie

John McGilvary

I am parting out a 65 and a 66, both with standard transmissions. Don't know if the parts you need will interchange with a 68.

PM me if you think I have what you need.

John

OP
OP
J

jaystang

Thanks for the response. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the tranny parts off a 1st gen mustang differ from the 2nd gen. Can anyone varify this?

rvrtrash

According to my Master PartsCatalog, the clutch pedal itself is 1968 only. Some other parts are 65-69, some are 67-68 and some are post or pre 2/15/68. Whether or not the differences would hinder your installation or not, I can't say, but I would stick with '67-68 and try harder for a setup from a '68.

Steve

somethingspecial

You can use the original hanger in your car as they were universal. The pedals will differ if you are running Power disc brakes or not. The clutch pedal is the same, but the brake pedal is the different one. If running PDB, this brake pedal has a different pivot location and will be the hard one to find. Try American Mustang in Sacramento, Ca. 916-635-7271. Talk to Adam. They deal with a lot of used parts. Good luck. Mike

OP
OP
J

jaystang

Thanks for the advise guys. In terms of manual brakes vs power brakes... right now i have manual drum brakes, but i am planning on converting to disc brakes with a power booster. Which clutch pedal assembly would i need to work with my setup?

somethingspecial

For standard non power brakes, the clutch/brake pedal assy will hang-pivot from the same shaft. If you have PDB w/ booster, the clutch pedal hangs as usual, and the brake pedal pivots from a bolt near the firewall. You will see a bolt hole in the hanger next to where the hanger bolts to the firewall.
Someone here might be able to post a diagram for you. Hope this helps. Mike

nfrntau

The kit I used for my disc conversion (MPB) included a new correct brake pedal for the power assist. Depending on which vendor you use and if they include the brake pedal may help you in your decision.
I have a non-power brake pedal for manual trans. If someone needs one, let me know.