• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 WOW- Rare Moment Today at a Show

68HCS289

For once I go to a local car show and see another GT/CS:icon_ecst It is not something I see when I attend car shows in my area, especially a show put on by a Chevy club, lol. I took the '68 and as always, she is a conversation starter. Even the Chevy guys were intrigued and asking me what the differences were. Love when they were hanging onto my every word regarding this being a HCS and the history of these cars. One guy came up with his kids looking her all over and I could tell he knew what it was. Then he tells me he has his GT/CS there. Usually means a 2007 or newer when they say this. But sure enough, it was a '68! He had not had the car long. First thing I noticed was incorrect exhaust, gauges, wheels, and seemed like alot of mud with the waves in the body line. Many other things bothered me about it. Couldn't get him to open the hood though. Still neat to see another classic GT/CS in the area. I included pics below.

Bonus of the day, winning a Top 30 (he did not) at a Chevy show:grin:

Attachments

• cccc=gtcs.jpg
    cccc=gtcs.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 104
  • ccccc=gtcs.jpg
    ccccc=gtcs.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 105
  • ccccwin-1.jpg
    ccccwin-1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 107

J.Bart

getting a trophy at a chevy show, good job.

i don't think that size of wheel works with a 68 either

68 special

Congrats on the trophy. Makes it all worth while.

Did say if he had a Marti on it? Could be a clone or just his version of the GT/CS with his likes. From the pics I didn't see any red flags that would indicate it wasn't a true GT/CS, but I'm not a purist either. With the availability of parts, who knows for sure without the Marti.

Most don't think mine is a true GT/CS either because it doesn't have a '68 paint color, '68 engine/drive-train and most all of the interior is not "original". I'm always honest when someone asks about the engine or paint and tell them they were not an option in '68 and then the next question is "why". I always have my Marti for the non-believers and most don't know what options came in '68 anyway. But, it's done to my liking. I agree with J Bart tho, the wheels are little big, but it's his car.

If nothing else, it's getting the HCS, GT/CS name out there more.

Bret

J.Bart

Congrats on the trophy. Makes it all worth while.

Did say if he had a Marti on it? Could be a clone or just his version of the GT/CS with his likes. From the pics I didn't see any red flags that would indicate it wasn't a true GT/CS, but I'm not a purist either. With the availability of parts, who knows for sure without the Marti.

Most don't think mine is a true GT/CS either because it doesn't have a '68 paint color, '68 engine/drive-train and most all of the interior is not "original". I'm always honest when someone asks about the engine or paint and tell them they were not an option in '68 and then the next question is "why". I always have my Marti for the non-believers and most don't know what options came in '68 anyway. But, it's done to my liking. I agree with J Bart tho, the wheels are little big, but it's his car.

If nothing else, it's getting the HCS, GT/CS name out there more.

Bret

that's true, i or we, may not get excited about what someone has done to their cs.
but everyone has different tastes, and it's a free country.
on the plus side: with so many variations, we can see many different styles, on
a cs. so a person can rule out what you don't like, and make quick work on how
you want your car to look

OP
OP
68HCS289

68HCS289

Very well said. I was not a fan of the wheels on his but to each their own. No Marti but I believe he is looking to get one. It is great getting sharing this car and seeing people fall in love with it as much as me.