• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Web site problems?

limelyt

This morning I had to log on for the third time this weekend. I have the box checked (to remeber me), but it always tells me to log in. Is this a site problem or something I can do for this end?

Gary

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sounds like a problem with cookies. Try clearing out your CS.com cookies completely and logging in again.

If you have no idea what a cookie is :smile: or how to clear it post back and I'll give instructions.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Gary, what browser do you use? (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.)

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Here are instructions for Internet Explorer version 7. If you have a different version the directions change slightly.

Look at the menu on the browser window in the upper right. Click on "Tools". On the General tab look for the "Browsing History" section and click on "Settings". On the screen that pops up click on "View Files" which brings up a window showing all your internet cookies. Sort by name or Internet Address. Look for and delete any files that have "californiaspecial.com" or "www.californiaspecial.com" in them. They'll be named something like, "cookie:user@californiaspecial.com/" (where "user" is your log in name for your computer, not your forum username)

Once you delete those try coming back to the forums and log in again.

Mosesatm

Don't know if it's really necessary or not but I've been told by our IT people to delete all cookies every 3 or 4 months, plus all temp files, using Accessories - System Tools - Disk Cleanup.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I would agree with that. It's not a bad idea to clear all your cookies, but I don't usually suggest it here on the forums because it will cause all web sites that the person logs into to be cleared and they'll need to log in again. No big deal if you remember your password, but can be a pain if you don't.

GT/CS S Code

Attachments

• Toll House Cookies 002.jpg
    Toll House Cookies 002.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Toll House cookie day.jpg
    Toll House cookie day.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Toll House cookie day 002.jpg
    Toll House cookie day 002.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Toll House Cookies 003.jpg