• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Waiting for 1st oil change

2007GTCS

So, I got my 1st oil change done today (free from dealership...and they even used synthetic). While I was waiting for them to finish, I checked out a Shelby GT that they had in the showroom...they wanted $20,000 over MSRP for it! Are they nuts? :eek:

OP
OP
2007GTCS

2007GTCS

I've seen a few dealers on the Shelby forums that are selling for MSRP...I feel sorry for whoever coughs up $20k over...:nonono2:

Doug

I was looking at a Shelby and the dealer originally wanted 15k over; I said no thank you and the dealer has called back offering it at 3k over. So I have to assume that soon it will be at list price.

He who waits - good things amy happen.

P

PNewitt

A lot of Ford dealers got their hands slapped for charging quite a lot over MSRP for the Ford GT, and the GT-500.

I guess if they're hurtin' financially, they pull stuff like this.

If someone wanted a Shelby GT (which is basically a GT/CS with different stripes and the Shelby nameplate, and a few more horses), I guess cash would talk pretty clearly.

It's too bad you didn't keep your original oil filter, for future concours' sake.

Paul N.

OP
OP
2007GTCS

2007GTCS

Darn it! Why'd you have to go and remind me of that? I didn't even think of that...I wonder how many points they'll take off at that future car show? :frust:

P

PNewitt

....Yeah, and you shoulda kept those paper slipcovers from the dealer, and the plastic that was on the seats, too. Oh, Boy, how soon we forget...LOL!!

Actually, it would be a good idea to photograph everything on, under the hood, and under the car for future use. How we'd loved it if someone had done that back in 1968!

I know a guy how has a '64.5 fastback (yes, I know, but it's borderline) that he kept every part that he had to replace on the car--including the old weatherstripping. It might seem silly or excessive, but those kinds of things (if you have the room) are worth their weight in gold come concours research time.

Maybe you can "fake" the oil filter, back into it looking original? LOL!

Paul N.

OP
OP
2007GTCS

2007GTCS

Well, I did get the oil changed at the dealership, so I'm assuming that it's a motorcraft filter (I haven't looked). Maybe the one on there right now will be the "original". :thumb:

rvrtrash

The local Ford dealer here has a Shelby GT and they want $15K over MSRP. They also have one of the Hertz Shelby's and they want $54K (but would take $49K) for the car with 11K miles on it. I looked and then walked away.

Steve