• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Update: Local Promotion Car

68 GTCS

On a earlier thread I talked about a high optioned 67 coupe that I purchased. I received the Marti Report today and this is what I found out.

Order type: LOCAL PROMOTION
Candy Apple Red
Red Decor Bucket seats (deluxe)
289-4v
San Jose Plant
Phoenix ordering district

Black Vinal Roof
Sport Sprint
C-4 Cruise-o-matic transmission
Convenience Control Panel
Courtesy Light Group
F70-14 Wide oval tires
white sidewall nylon tires
Luggage Rack
Rocker Panel Mouldings
Console
Deluxe steering wheel
Power disk brakes
Power steering
Tilt-Away steering wheel
Air conditioner- selectaire
Am radio
Interior decor group
Tinted glass
Deluxe seat belts
Heavy Duty battery
wheel covers

This was one of 789 with this paint and trim codes. This is what I obtained from the Deluxe Report.
I thought I would share this information.

Was a local promotion car rare?

Thanks,
Kevin

Last edited:

Mustanglvr

On a earlier thread I talked about a high optioned 67 coupe that I purchased. I received the Marti Report today and this is what I found out.

Order type: LOCAL PROMOTION
Candy Apple Red
Red Decor Bucket seats (deluxe)
289-4v
San Jose Plant
Phoenix ordering district

Black Vinal Roof
Sport Sprint
C-4 Cruise-o-matic transmission
Convenience Control Panel
Courtesy Light Group
F70-14 Wide oval tires
white sidewall nylon tires
Luggage Rack
Rocker Panel Mouldings
Console
Deluxe steering wheel
Power disk brakes
Power steering
Tilt-Away steering wheel
Air conditioner- selectaire
Am radio
Interior decor group
Tinted glass
Deluxe seat belts
Heavy Duty battery
wheel covers

This was one of 789 with this paint and trim codes. This is what I obtained from the Deluxe Report.
I thought I would share this information.

Was a local promotion car rare?

Thanks,
Kevin

This one definitely seems rare. I`d hold onto it if I were you. It`s an advertising car for the 67 Mustang itself.
You really should get the Elite Marti report. It will break the numbers all down for you even more I`m sure.

robert campbell

Kevin,
Good for you!! You have found one very rare Mustang!!! I felt with the history you had it was the real deal. Keep it, enjoy it!!!

Rob

ps. Bet it ain't for sale now!!!!

hcsstang

I was at the Carlisle show last week and ran across a 69 mustang ( 600) I never heard of them . The owner said that they were sold in Philadelphia area. They only made less than 600 and it had nothing but 6 cylinder.

OP
OP

68 GTCS

Any Ideas as to how many of these were made? Was it just a dealer wanting to special order a car for promotional reasons for his lot, or promotion by Ford? The dates show that this car was built on 3/29/67 and released on 3/30/67 sold on 9/23/67. That was 6 months later, so was this car shown around the area for 6 months before they sold it? Very interesting, if anyone has further information on local promotion cars for 1967 let me know. I will probably order the Elite Report but that may not give up much information. I'm sure it was a very expensive car in 67 with all the options, maybe thats why it took 6 months to sell. I will post pictures once I get my camera figured out.

Kevin

Talan423

maybe this car was used for auto shows and traveled around to different cities across the USA. when they were done with it... they sold it (which explains why it took so long to sell).
if i remember correctly this is also what mustang #1 (1964 1/2) was used for, and a salesman accidentally sold it too soon to capt. stanley tucker in canada.

tom

OP
OP

68 GTCS

Thanks to the people who responded to this thread, I know this wasn't a 68 GT/CS question but I thought it was a good question. If anyone knows anything about Local Promotion cars 67 or 68 I would sure like to find out more about them, how rare, etc. Feel free to reply or send a message. I have never heard of these promotional cars before so its very interesting. Thanks again.

Kevin

robert campbell

Kevin,
My car is also a "local promotion" car. I saw a thread from Casey in Chicago that went into some detail on the different order types. He might have some more information. Or certainly Kevin Marti would be the best source.

Rob