• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

The governments war on muscle cars

koronen

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/articles/article_00964.shtml

What can be done to stop this? I could understand an extra gas guzzler tax when I buy the car. I could even understand a moderate extra fee when renewing my registration. An extra 600 to 2500 dollars though? That is insane. If they do this, the new muscle car era will be killed off before it even gets going.

rvrtrash

You really only have two options. Write your congresscritter and work to elect someone that isn't in love with taxing everything in sight. I'm an independent because there are things I like and dislike about both major parties, but in the area of taxes, the Democrats seem to find new and inventive ways to take your money every day. Good luck in Washington State getting a Republican in though. The current Demo. Gov. lost the election and two recounts and then suddenly some ballots were found in heavily Demo King county and the Demo won. Go figure.

Steve

OP
OP
K

koronen

The thing that sucks is that im not even a Washington resident, I am just stationed there, and bought my car there =/ They didn't say anything about California doing this though...

franklinair

Boondoggle legislation like this,sponsored by pseudo intellectuals who think they are out to save the planet feeds my greatest fear: We will eventually legislate & tax ourselves out of existance. That is also why I believe in 2 term limits for ANY elected office. In the 1940's Congress voted to limit Presidential terms to 2. Unfortunately, they didn't see fit to limit themselves accordingly. Now we have career politicians with their own agendas slowly killing our dear & proud country. My 2 cents worth.

Neil Hoppe

68gt390

Boondoggle legislation like this,sponsored by pseudo intellectuals who think they are out to save the planet feeds my greatest fear: We will eventually legislate & tax ourselves out of existance. That is also why I believe in 2 term limits for ANY elected office. In the 1940's Congress voted to limit Presidential terms to 2. Unfortunately, they didn't see fit to limit themselves accordingly. Now we have career politicians with their own agendas slowly killing our dear & proud country. My 2 cents worth.

Neil Hoppe

Very well said Neil - I agree with you 100%. I guess they feel that if they can't have it, tax the shit out of it.

Don