• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Tail Light Bezels

Maine gt/cs

My understanding is that the tail light bezels on the 1969 and 1970 Shelby's were painted black on the outer edge. The 1968 Shelby's were all chrome. My question is, What were the 68 California Specials. Were the all chrome or all black outer edges. I have seen pictures of car's with both being used. Thanks for any replies. Tim

franklinair

If you buy new bezels, they come with the black border. Lacquer thinner, 4-0 steel wool, and about 30 minutes takes care of it..

Neil

retroman99

if you need the screws AMK has those just be careful they have F-3484 which is the chrome and F-3485 is in Black. i ordered the F-3484's from NPD and ended up getting black screws even though their web site picture shows a set of SS bare screws. I called they didnt offer any others so i looked at AMK's site directly.