• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Tacoma/Seattle Visit

di81977

Just got back from Tacoma dropping off my son at college. Wish it could have been a few weeks earlier, would have loved being at the MCA show and BBQ at Rob's.

My wife and I were in town for about 4 days. Very busy shopping and getting him settled in the dorms. We did get some time to check out both Seattle and Tacoma.

I was very surprised by the number of classic and muscle cars I saw cruising around during my visit. I saw well over 20 cars, in a number of places.

Went to the Pike's Market area on Thursday and saw a few older (40's?) cars parked on the street. Driving down Payallup Ave, just east of 705 in Tacoma there were lots of cars parked and driving around. Also drove by Griot's on Saturday after they were closed and saw a bunch of cars driving on Union Ave.

I also saw at least 2 fliers for cars shows in Tacoma.

Very impressed. Other than going to car shows, It would take me months before I would see that many classic and muscle cars around my town. For the locals - is this normal?

I love Colorado, but the Northwest seems like a very nice place to live. Will probably be back in October.

David

aemoo28

What? Who? When? Where?

You were in my part of town! We could've gotten Uncle Rob to come over and have dinner! Next time, ok? October let's plan.

There were two car shows in Tacoma this weekend. I was hiking at Multnomah Falls in Oregon Saturday but saw the parade of classic cars on I-5 going to the shows.

Yes it's normal for us to show off our classic cars around here. Every day is a car show around here. We're pretty proud of ourselves.

OP
OP
di81977

di81977

It was a really busy few days. Hopefully we can get together in October, that would be nice. We did have lunch in Gig Harbor, saw the signs to Bremerton. Was thinking of you all.

Is it worth visiting the LeMay Museum or even the new Griot's HQ?

david

TraveledGTCS

It was a really busy few days. Hopefully we can get together in October, that would be nice. We did have lunch in Gig Harbor, saw the signs to Bremerton. Was thinking of you all.

Is it worth visiting the LeMay Museum or even the new Griot's HQ?

david

David

Yes to both questions. LeMay Museum has a show & Shine August 28th - no awards just show off your ride and visit the museum; however, the registration is probably closed for the show since they only have room for so many number of vehicles. They also have tours during the summer months. You can check out their website for more info: www.lemaymuseum.org

Griots Garage is a good place to visit also, especially if you need cleaning/polishing/waxing items. The staff is quite knowledgeable on car care. You might want to visit their web site: www.griotsgarage.com to see what they offer.

I have been to the LeMay's show several times (I live about 15 miles away); and shop Griots quite often - about 25 miles away.

Bill

OP
OP
di81977

di81977

Bill, thanks for the info. I have heard they put cars up for sale once a year. If they are open in October, I am going to have to stop by and check it out.

I have used griots products for years. Love their speed shine. I drove by it on a Saturday, right after they had closed.

david