• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Steve is in the House!!

robert campbell

Steve, (rvrtrash) and his wife Deb came to Bremerton!!! Short visit, but a great night. Val and Deb visited, while Steve and Rob got into hot Mustangs!!

First Steve got a ride in Val's 1967 Fastback and a nice 4,000 rpm side step off the clutch while we we searched for traction and went from ditch to ditch!! First to second was a bad by Rob as he hit the 7,500 rpm rev limiter and lost a bit of forward momentum. Second to third was at 6,500 and after a blow we ran out of room and shut her down.

Steve then drove the GNS down the same stretch and did a slow down to 20 mph followed by a full throttle stomp. Things got very busy as the drag radials searched for traction and Steve searched for control! A quick feather on the throttle and all was cool and down the road we went! Steve is an awesome driver and has a great feel for cars. And this was a car he only had been in for 10 minutes! We were truly separated at birth. But I think Tim would have a lot of fun in this car also!!

Then Steve let me drive his Shelby!!! Not as explosive as my cars but the power this car puts down is amazing. Trust me, it is amazing and and the same time the car is so refined. Exhaust note is awesome and it would hold its own with any of the 60’s high performance Mustangs. Comes out of the hole with not wheel spin and your head snapped back. I see why Joe is going so fast!!! Steve is thinking supercharger and with that he will be in the stupid fast category!!

Rob

DSCN0001.jpg

DSCN9998.jpg

DSCN9999.jpg

Midnight Special

...Good times and great pictures!
Lucky You, Rob :) Our last visit with Steve was way too short!

Attachments

• HPIM1545.jpg
    HPIM1545.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 65
  • HPIM1532.jpg
    HPIM1532.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 58
  • HPIM1530.jpg
    HPIM1530.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IM003147.jpg
    IM003147.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 52
  • HPIM1534.jpg
    HPIM1534.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 54

rvrtrash

Damage? What damage? If I had more seat time I would've been looking for some cheby pride to damage, but that's all! Rob and Val were awsome hosts. Wish we could've stayed longer, but I had grandkids staying up waiting for us to arrive, and we don't get to see them enough. The plus side is that now that my oldest son (not Joe-the other one) is living in Seattle, I'll be over to that side of the mountains a lot more. Careful Rob, you may wind up with visitors more often than you want. :tongue:

Steve

rvrtrash

Shoot! Why didn't ANYONE call me! I want to meet Steve!

Amy, we just popped in for a "short chat" on our way to see #1 son and family. He just moved to Seattle so we'll be over there a lot more than our previous once every 5 years. The next trip is June 10/11, but it's for 2 grandson birthdays so I can't steal much time from that. Maybe a bunch of us could do a late lunch Sunday as we head out of town. Something really fancy like Le' Taco Belle maybe. :grin: By the way, congrats on the new little one! Very cute!

Steve

68 special

Yes Steve, we should hit the local LE TACO BELLE or ??? somewhere along your return route. Sunday works good for me.

Bret

rvrtrash

My son lives in Seatac, so we would be going north to I-90 and then east. We'd be willing to make a small diversion for everyone's convienence. I just need an address so I know where I'm going.

Steve

aemoo28

XXX Rootbeer Drive In is right off I-90 in Issaquah. And every Sunday is a car show. Check out the calendar on the website. And the MENU!!

http://triplexrootbeer.com/

Or we could just go back to Rob's for a brisket feast. Oh man was that good...

Thank you Steve. She is a darling little person.

rvrtrash

Looks like fun! I know you Seattle types are used to driving an hour to go anywhere, but wouldn't this be out of the way for you. I'm willing to drive some too, to make it fair, although this place looks like a great spot.

Steve

rvrtrash

The birthday weekend is almost here, so I thought I'd follow up and see what the plan is. Are we all meeting at the Triple X, going somewhere else, or should we shoot for a different time? We had snow over here in the higher elevations yesterday so we'll be taking Deb's Escape, in case Snoqualmie gets ugly. Those big, fat tires on the Mustang don't like the slippery stuff.

Steve

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Keep me posted. I was on crutches all last week... So keep the Seattle group happy. I am not getting around so well.

Rob

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Steve/Tim,
I already had to my Dad Neil... Saturday, of Memorial Day weekend.... Beautiful day and Rob spent all most all of it resurrecting the lawn at our cabin on Haven Lake. Hand aerating, seeding, fertilizing... End of the day... Watering and standing on the dock to wash a few stray lawn seeds back onto the lawn..... A few beers involved, but I keep telling myself that was not the problem...

Got tangled up in the hose somehow...... After a brief struggle to regain my balance.... It was obvious.... Rob is going in...... Now in the 1/10 of a second before the bath was to begin, Rob was thinking of the temperature of “May” water up here in the balmy Northwest. Soooo, a stupid decision is quickly made!! I will try to land standing up in crotch deep water on the solid rock bottom I have painstakingly created over the years!! Yesiree, I can save it and land standing up and not get as wet!!!

Jam both feet into the rocks with my fully supportive Nike slides.... Left angle that is already old and tortured from weekend warrior activity in my youth takes the stress and does not roll over, but Rob flops face first anyway. Water was actually quite refreshing!!! Or as I like to say “bracing"!!

Jammed ankle, bruised heel, but not broke!!! And the pain in the ankle instantaneously superseded the chronic pain in my lower back!!

“life is tough”. “tougher if you are stupid, old, and clumsy”

Rob

rvrtrash

Sorry to hear that. Hope you fell better soon. I'm glad it wasn't anything more permanent.

Well, it looks like no one has replied back on the "meet and greet" so Deb and I are heading back over the mountains. We'll try again next time.

Steve

hookedtrout

Here's to hoping your back on your feet in no time and the sudden jaring mysteriously makes the chronic back pain disappear!! I've made my chronic back pain disappear, life is so much better!!