• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Salute to Sheriff John ...

Mustanger

Attachments

• sheriff-john-mug.jpg
    sheriff-john-mug.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 33
  • SheriffJohnBdayCakeCompressed.jpg
    SheriffJohnBdayCakeCompressed.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 32

CougarCJ

Thanks for sharing. I remember him growing up the the 1960's. Along with Captain Kangaroo, they were both my favorites.

gt/csj4

Mr. Green jeans, and Capt. Kangaroo lol I always heard about them from my parents. Way to young to know anything about them but still cool stuff

BroadwayBlue

Mr. Green jeans, and Capt. Kangaroo lol I always heard about them from my parents. Way to young to know anything about them but still cool stuff

OK now I'm feeling really old!! I used to watch these guys as a kid! Even had (still have) Captain Kangaroo record albums. Does anyone remember what those are? Round hard vinyl things usually black with a small hole in the middle? Plaid music/sound if you ran a metal needle over them. :cry:
:cool:

somethingspecial

OK now I'm feeling really old!! I used to watch these guys as a kid! Even had (still have) Captain Kangaroo record albums. Does anyone remember what those are? Round hard vinyl things usually black with a small hole in the middle? Plaid music/sound if you ran a metal needle over them. :cry:
:cool:

I have over 500 LPs and a Diamond Stylus (needle). Still love the Vinyl albums. I always get a kick out of how many people can not tell me how many grooves are on one side of an LP.

clubpro

Mike,

To quote Three Dog Night, "It's the loneliest number"

Here's an update - Record players are making a come back!

Cheers,

Ron

BroadwayBlue

I have over 500 LPs and a Diamond Stylus (needle). Still love the Vinyl albums. I always get a kick out of how many people can not tell me how many grooves are on one side of an LP.

Those numbers are probably close to where I am too Mike. I used to DJ pre-CDs so definitely a lot of vinyl. Even have some old 78 RPM albums and small records. Some colored yellow and orange that are from the original Mickey Mouse Club and other old time subjects.
Like these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALT-DISNEY...362?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d05d128e2

I have my old DJ turntables and a few that were from home as well.

I think they have converters now that make digital sound analog (vinyl) to get the warmer sound. Go figure.

Going a bit off topic now :cool: