• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Saddle Interior Help

PFSlim

I would think the steering wheel would match the interior. Least that is what I would do. Our interior is light blue, dark blue. The steering wheel is light blue., dash is dark blue.

Paul

Mosesatm

[quote author=PFSlim link=board=1;threadid=2189;start=15#msg15351 date=1129214232]
I would think the steering wheel would match the interior. Least that is what I would do. Our interior is light blue, dark blue. The steering wheel is light blue., dash is dark blue.

Paul
[/quote]

Paul, from all the pictures I've seen I think you are correct that the steering wheel pad should be the lighter shade. It seems that the only dark items for the 2-tone interiors are the door panels, seat inserts, and dash pad. Maybe the knee and pillar pads but I'm not too sure on those.

I'm waffling on that issue right now. I know my steering wheel pad should be light aqua but I may just buck tradition and dye it dark instead. The light shows dirt to easily and I think the dark looks better against the wood grain. Of course the nice thing about vinyl dye is that it can always be changed back.

Should have just switched it all to black!!!!!

OP
OP
68MustangHCS

68MustangHCS

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=2189;start=0#msg15336 date=1129155614]
my 68 Sunlit Gold coupe has a chocolate dash. It is original to the car.
[/quote]

JB

Do you have a picture of that dash? Shoot me an email with it if you can. Thanks... kirkpatris@ec.rr.com

390cs68rcode

I looked and did have a pic but you cannot tell much from the photo. The car is at my storage unit and I will try and remember to shoot a photo of it the next time I am there.

The color is a dark chocolate brown. I also owned a 68 390 in Sunlit Gold and saddle interior and it too had the chocolate brown dash pad. It was the same exact shade of chocolate. I seriously doubt the brown color came from fading.

Mosesatm

Jason, sorry if I wrote my response incorrectly. I didn't mean to imply that the top of a black dash would fade to brown but rather that a brown dash would darken to black.

From what I've seen dashes usually darken with age so an old abused chocolate brown dash pad should be brown on the bottom and black on the top.

Is that what others have seen with the disgusting old parts removed from Mustangs?