• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Sacramento Market Barbie Dolls

Mosesatm

A friend from Sacramento tells me the below is hilarious. Maybe those of you from the Sacramento area can better relate to it.

Mattel recently announced the release of the improved limited-edition Barbie Dolls for the Greater Sacramento market:

"Roseville Barbie"
This princess Barbie is sold only at the Galleria Mall. She comes with an assortment of Kate Spade Handbags, a Lexus SUV, a long-haired foreign dog named Honey and a cookie-cutter house. Available with or without tummy tuck and face lift.
Workaholic Ken sold only in conjunction with the augmented version.

"Rocklin Barbie"
The modern day homemaker Barbie is available with Ford Wind star Minivan and matching gym outfit.
She gets lost easily and has no full-time occupation. Traffic jamming cell phone sold separately.

"Elk Grove Barbie"
This recently paroled Barbie comes with a 9mm handgun, a Ray Lewis knife, a Chevy with dark tinted windows, and a Meth Lab Kit. This model is only available after dark and must be paid for in cash (preferably small, untraceable bills). unless you are a cop, then we don't know what you are talking about.

"Lincoln 12B Barbie"
This yuppie Barbie comes with your choice of BMW convertible or Hummer H2. Included are her own Starbucks cup, credit card and cotta verdera country club membership. Also available for this set are Shallow Ken and Private School Skipper. You won't be able to afford any of them.

"Colfax Barbie"
This pale model comes dressed in her own Wrangler jeans two sizes too small, a NASCAR t-shirt and tweety bird tattoo on her shoulder. She has a six-pack of Bud light and a Hank Williams Jr. CD set. She can spit over 5 feet and kick mullet-haired Ken's butt when she is drunk. Purchase her pickup truck separately and get a confederate flag bumper sticker absolutely free.

"Forresthill Barbie"
This tobacco-chewing, brassy-haired Barbie has a pair of her own high-heeled sandals with one broken heel from the time she chased beer-gutted Ken out of Lincoln Barbie's house. Her ensemble includes low-rise acid-washed jeans, fake fingernails, and a see-through halter-top.
Also available with a mobile home.

“San Francisco Barbie"
This doll is made of actual tofu. She has long straight brown hair, arch-less feet, hairy armpits, no makeup and Birkenstocks with white socks. She prefers that you call her Willow. She does not want or need a Ken doll, but if you purchase two San Francisco Barbies and the optional Subaru wagon, you get a rainbow flag bumper sticker for free.

"South Sacramento Barbie"
This Barbie now comes with a stroller and infant doll. Optional accessories include a GED and bus pass. Gangsta Ken and his 1979 Caddy were available, but are now very difficult to find since the addition of the infant.

Midnight Special

WHOAaa!..... That's a little too close to home Arlie! Ya' know tho; I bet I could take take a drive & shoot pictures of the protoypes & post them here... Real "San Francisco Barbies" are also prevelent in Nevada City ;-))

Last edited:

robert campbell

Arlie,
This is way to close to home. My wife collects vintage Barbies. Her thread will have a hoot over this!!! Thanks!!! By the way, I respect her hobby as much as she does mine!!! We both know how to spend money!!!

By the way, I just had my wife buy a old, blue, Barbie car that looks like a 30's roadster. Of course in has a chevy look engine.... Well guess what?? I just did a series of pics removing the limp you know what Chevy engine out and the installation of a Ford 427 SOHC motor!!! Scale was very close!! YAAAAA BAAAABBBEEE. Barbie has a real engine now and ain't suckin wind at the track anymore!!! I will post a pic!!!

Rob

luisa2552

Too funny! I'm going to forward it to my brother who lives outside Sac.

Mustanglvr

Here are some Barbie pics I had on my computer. They`re so cute.

Attachments

• Redneck%20Barbie.jpg
    Redneck%20Barbie.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 25
  • turleen.jpg
    turleen.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 24

Diesel Donna

Hahahaaaaaaa! Too funny...I used to live in Sacramento....NORTHEAST Sacramento.

somethingspecial

I think I know Colfax Barbie, I arrested her for kicking Kens Butt. (You know, no one is immune from the Domestic Violence Laws). Boy, What a B&%#$ she is. She didn't have the beer though, all she had was the empty plastic six pack rings. LOL. Mike

P

PNewitt

GEEZZ!! I didn't think that Sacto had that much culture. It's a town that says: "hey, let's go after a MINOR league baseball team", and can't build a venue for the Kings. Great ideas aren't met with resistance they are met with apathy. The conservatism there is underwhelming.

I bought one of those "Chat Diva" Barbie dalls to figure out how she sings to your iPOD. On sale at Target (my excuse: "It's for my neice") for $20, i had to get my $1.98 AudioAnimatronic Figure. It's creepy. I want to hack into her (Ahem!), and see how I can get the words to move her mouth, with a color organ circuit. Hopefully, I can make some talking folks for the G-Scale Model RR hobby and freak out some of those rivet counters.

I saw out at Burning Man, they have a Barbie Death Camp....and there is a following of guys in SF that make these S&M Barbies in leather and stockings, a la Betty Page.

oh, the things I do.

Paul.