• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Restoration Completed

gazrox

Finally, after 5 years and much blood, sweat and tears, I have completed the car. I dropped her off tonight at the Saskatoon prairieland exhibition hall in time for the opening of the Easter weekend Draggins car show.

Two photos to compare. The car is now back to its original glory (with a few upgrades of course!)

CS2_detail.jpg

Apr05_2012A.jpg

What a great feeling!

Gary

nates68

Looks great , worth all the work Gary ? Im sure it was. Have fun now showing it off.

Best, nates68

Ruppstang

It is quite a transformation, you can be very proud. Those of us that that have restored cars understand what you have accomplished. Marty

teamlo

REALLY nice looking car with the Shelby 10-spokes! What size tire are you using? Any issues with tire rub at all?

Terry

Northern Pony

Gary;
Congratulations on a job that is very well done. I knew when I looked at it last fall, that you would be completing an excellent example of the GT/Cs. Enjoy, take a moment to be proud of what you have accomplished, and most of all have fun with your new ride. When weather permitts share the car with the family, so they all take pleasure in your new ride.
The premier event in Saskatchewan to dayview your car, well done. Will we see it in Winnipeg?
BoB

OP
OP
gazrox

gazrox

Some days I wasn't sure if it was worth it - but now that its completed, I'm really happy to see the result. Would I do it again? Not bloody likely!

Terry, I have 70 x 215 rubber on the 15" ten spokes. No rubbing issues. I did try 235's but they rubbed on the spindles. I decided to keep the same size all round.

Bob, haven't decided on Winnipeg yet. I changed jobs back in January so I will have to see what holidays I have available.

Will let everyone know how well it scored later today.

Marty, I will send you a PM later - I need some info on detailing. Judges seemed picky yesterday, but I'm not convinced they really knew much about Cal Specials.