• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Radio Antenna position

CraigB

I have just finished the Right Hand drive conversion of my CS. I have a clean slate in regard to radio antenna position as the front right fender position is no good for driving a RHD car as it ends up in your driving line of sight so I had it removed. I am thinking if mounting it on the rear quarter but I am not sure if I will be able to find an antenna with a base plate to match the contours at the rear. If on the rear, which side and whereabouts?

Any suggestions?

Craig

Ruppstang

Craig the standard base will work. I can get some pictures of my best freinds car that has the rear mount ant. I will see him for New Years eve. Marty

Ruppstang

Craig Shelby installed them on the LH rear, Rick's is on the RH rear. The antenna was a dealer installed idem so I would say put it where you like it. Marty

Attachments

• Christmas 2009 004.JPG
    Christmas 2009 004.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Christmas 2009 005.JPG
    Christmas 2009 005.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Christmas 2009 006.JPG
    Christmas 2009 006.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 21