• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Question on the 2007 GT/CS

westwood

I bought a "slightly used" 2007 GT/CS. I love this car and look forward to attending some car shows with it.
I have a question about a strap which is located on the SIDE of the the drivers seat (back) that snaps onto the the side of the drivers seat to the rear of the seat back leaver. The strap slides inside the upholstery when the seat is adjusted forward and back. Does anyone have a explanation on what function the strap has ?

Last edited:

Z28ZL1

Hmmmm. Good question. Never noticed it before. Guess it just
reinforces the seat when you tilt it back maybe..

bztz4m

Hmmmm. Good question. Never noticed it before. Guess it just
reinforces the seat when you tilt it back maybe..

I have a 2007 GT/CS as well and the strap is to keep the seat belt as close to the drivers hand so they can reach the belt without having to reach all the way back to grab it. In the old '05 models the strap was attached to the seat with a magnet which never held the seat belt in place so now the strap is attached to seat itself.

OP
OP
W

westwood

Thanks

Thanks for the information. That makes good sense. I read the owners manual and did not find any information about the strap. I'm finding that this forum is very helpful on all kinds of questions. Again thank you very much.

bztz4m

Thanks for the information. That makes good sense. I read the owners manual and did not find any information about the strap. I'm finding that this forum is very helpful on all kinds of questions. Again thank you very much.

Your welcome.

Mustanglvr

Welcome to the site Westwood!!! It`s great to have you here! What part of Minnesota you at?

OP
OP
W

westwood

Minnesota

I divide my time between Woodbury and Worthington.
Worthington is my original home but I spend a lot of time in Woodbury.

Mustanglvr

Cool! I`m just a little north of Pipestone.
Kathy, (Hotrodgrany) lives in Holstien, Iowa and has a new GT/CS. We should have a get-together sometime.:grin:

Mustanglvr

If you go to any car shows in the area, let me know.

There`s one in Pipestone on Saturday. I won`t have my car in the show cuz it`s a rolling restoration, but I will be there doing burnouts and being a pain and talking Mustangs of course.:grin:

OP
OP
W

westwood

Sounds like fun but on short notice this Saturday won't work for me.
Keep me posted if you hear of any other car shows in the area.
Best wishes.

hotrodgrany

I divide my time between Woodbury and Worthington.
Worthington is my original home but I spend a lot of time in Woodbury.

Hay, my Daughter just lives south of there and lives at Heartley, Ia. I go through there every once in awhile, I mean Worthington. Sure would love to meet you. That would be a great place to meet some time this summer. My husband is working in the Brookings, S.D. area amd hoping to meet up with Mustanglvr if I am able to get there. He told me that they put pea gravel over oil on the road that I have to travel to where he will have the trailor parked and hope by the time I get there it isn't as dusty as he says it is now, at 40mph dust flyes and he knows me very well, as for gravel roads, I stay clear pretty much. You know black and dust, they cling to each other. I can always make a trip to Worthington, no problem there. When He is in Sioux Falls. well that is close enough to take a cruise over there as well to. :wink:
Hotrodgrany

Mustanglvr

Kathy, pea gravel over oil is a bad thing. Every time a car comes from the other way or goes around you there is a 99 percent chance you`ll get a rock in the window. I know, been there, done that. Best thing to do if you absolutely have to travel on that, slow way down and pull over as far away from the other car as possible. Hey, we could meet up in Worthington sometime if you want.

hotrodgrany

Kathy, pea gravel over oil is a bad thing. Every time a car comes from the other way or goes around you there is a 99 percent chance you`ll get a rock in the window. I know, been there, done that. Best thing to do if you absolutely have to travel on that, slow way down and pull over as far away from the other car as possible. Hey, we could meet up in Worthington sometime if you want.

Maybe some time after the car show on the 21st of next month. It has to be on a weekend I am off as I work most usually Monday through Friday, but can make plans maybe take a day off, Hay I still have 3 weeks vacation coming still.,