• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Project.....Anyone with a Elite Marti report please read

390cs68rcode

I know we have asked Kevin Marti to research how many engines/transmissions came in the CS's. With the Elite reports from enough people we can get pretty close to the numbers without waiting for Kevin to get around to doing it. We need anyone with a elite report to post a copy in the Gallery. If you cannot put it online please contact me and I will get the info from you and post it to this thread.

I am going to post to this thread info taken from Elite reports about engine size in the number of CS's. Here is what I have found so far from the Elite Marti reports:

390 4bbl, 215 made, 104 of those were automatics
390 4bbl, 215 made, 111 of those were manuals

289 2bbl, 2705 made 2320 of those were automatics
289 2bbl, 2705 made 385 of those were manuals

case12

Jason, you are right on, and this is the best way to go about it for now.

Kevin has been slow to deal with (my first written request with statement of work was August 1), and he wants legal copyright agreements with no-limit financial liability for breach in place before providing the data. He and I have traded several legal documents, and we are currently at a stand still. (And this ain't free - I would be paying a LOT of money to get the full GT/CS & HCS statistical breakdown data, including engines). I have sent him a final legal document before Thanksgiving, but no response thus far.

So, lets go for it and try to pull together what we can from reports. Anyone have a 428CJ report?

Casey

Mustanglvr

Hey Jason,
What info do you have on 200 1V inline 6 cyl. California Specials? Automatic and manuals.

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

Rhonda:
nothing yet. I took the numbers above from 2 elite reports in the gallery.

Last edited:

Mosesatm

Jason, running elite reports on certain cars with the right options might be the cause you are looking for.

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

Mosesatm said:
Jason, running elite reports on certain cars with the right options might be the cause you are looking for.

I agree. if we can find elites for the following we will be covered:

I6
deleted
390 2bbl

Last edited:

68sunlitgold

Arlie,
there where no 289 v4 in '68, '67 was the last year for them--or am I missing something?

Doug

CJ 56

Hi Jason

My Elite is for my 289 and it matchs your data above. My research confirms no 289v4 in 68, mine has been change at some stage to Ali valley and 600 Holly.
Looking forward to seeing you next week in New Zealand.
CJ

PFSlim

I will be happy to participate as well. I am still waiting on my elite report. I ordered it in Aug so expect I have a few months before I see it.

My car is suppose to be a 289, therefore might not be much help.

Paul

Mosesatm

Looks like those of us who were going to help pay for the special report (pun not intended but appropriate) we wanted from Marti may now need to buy a few elite reports instead. All we need is a VIN from one car with each engine type. It's an expensive way to get the data but it looks like Kevin isn't going to cooperate on the other report. The sad part is that he benefits from us for not cooperating. Maybe the GT/CS owners who supply the VINs pick up half the tab and generous donators pick up the other half?

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

Arlie:

the Elite reports take 6 months to arrive. long time to wait. If we were going to do this we might as well use peoples vin's that are regualr posters here for the ones we need (twoclassics for a 390 2bbl, Rhonda for a I6, Bob for a 428 and can't think of a 302 owner off the top of my head).

I believe Marti is not offering the statistical report (I think this is what it is called) that shows the 1 of part that we are looking for. If he is offering these report then maybe we can get this done a little quicker and cheaper.

There has to be people out there with the ones we need already printed.

P

PNewitt

I should have jumped in on this one sooner....

I think I need to call kevin Marti, and see what is going on. I'm concerned about how this data on the existing Marti Reports is marked "Copyright", etc. on every form. I don't want to rock that boat if I use this info on my book.

However-- that doesn't mean that I can't leave it out, and Jon (webmaster) can negotiate to have these numbers on his website, but that is another story.

I can't promise anything, but I may have a source at Ford that can give me a list of the DSOs, engines, transmissions, deluxe interiors, colors, etc., that I can legally use in my new book. We'll see. These things take time. After all, I most likely will publish the book through a Ford Licensee.

Stay tuned,

Paul N.