• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Power Steering Pump Color?

BroadwayBlue

I'm in the process of detailing my engine before the driving season and we were painting the power steering pump yesterday.

The pump that was on the car was a dark blue/green color. I don't know if it was original or repainted at some time.

I thought the PS pumps were either black or a dark blue/green.

I bought a can of paint from NPD that claimed to be "EXACT" in the catalog. But it's coming out very light.

Attached are some pics. Is this the correct color? I'm tempted to go with the black instead at this point.

Any thoughts?

If anyone has pics of their ps pump in the correct blue green would be helpful. Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC_1360 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_1360 - Copy.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_1361 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_1361 - Copy.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 37

rvrtrash

Mine was black when I bought the car so I repainted it black.

Steve

gtcs1

Here is mine on my C code (original part)

Attachments

• Graduation Helene Sec 5   juin 2007 036.jpg
    Graduation Helene Sec 5 juin 2007 036.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 55

Mosesatm

Here's another photo of the correct color

Attachments

• PS Pump Color.jpg
    PS Pump Color.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Thanks Everyone!

The pump that was on the car was like gtcs1's picture. I thought that was the correct color because that's what I thought I've seen in the past.

The picture RedGTVert posted is what it looks like after using this paint.

I like the color but was concerned it wasn't going to be correct.

Thanks again!!

Talan423

is the cast iron part of the pump (pulley side) a different color, or is it all the teal color?

thanks
tom

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

OK Guys and Gals ... no offense but I'm still questioning this color.

Take a look at this thread in VMF - everyone there on this thread and in another thread with a question I posted there feel this is the wrong color.
Way too light.

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/showtopic.php?tid/1462406/

NPD is supposed to be having their own batch made up.
The 2008 catalog lists it as "new" now.
I really think the color that is in gtcs1's picture is correct. Just don't know where to find that in a rattle can other than getting it made up.

Attached are some pics that Jeff posted on the VMF site of original PS pumps. My color is much much lighter than these.

Also is a picture that Mustang Monthly used in an article on detailing a 289. It's the lighter color ... talk about confusing!!

Don't know if I want to leave it or try for the darker color of the original pictures

Attachments

• NOSPSpumpcolorcollection1.jpg
    NOSPSpumpcolorcollection1.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 42
  • mump_0405_8_z+ford_small_block_engine_detailing+power_steering_pump.jpg
    mump_0405_8_z+ford_small_block_engine_detailing+power_steering_pump.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

case12

Mine was more like the color of the one in the bottom left hand corner. When I repainted it, the color was a bit lighter. I mostly considered that it was because the other paint had aged (it was crackled and of course subject to plenty of dirt and heat). Yours does look light, but I have seen plenty of these on cars at MCA shows. Jeff, of course, would be the expert. Casey