• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Picked up another Mustang

rjw

Well I must confess that as I attended the MCA National, a man drove in to the car corral with a'93 LX 5.0 hatchback with only 21,XXX miles...you guessed it--I bought it on the spot. Calypso green and clean as a whistle.
Richard

OP
OP
rjw

rjw

Okay, Doug! I finally snapped a few pics today... Here is a couple of them. Picture #1

Attachments

• Copy_of_Picture_026.jpg
    Copy_of_Picture_026.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
rjw

rjw

And here ic picture #2:

Richard

Attachments

• Picture_030.jpg
    Picture_030.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 14

murf104

The vehicle in photo #1 looks very plain indeed. The color does not move me.

68sunlitgold

Richard,
The car definately looks clean, I think the color is very unique, which is something I like. I always liked the fox body style.
Doug

68gt390

Richard;
That is one sweet car I love the color. I just sold my 91 LX 5.0 to enable me to buy my GT/CS even though I had bought the GT/CS before the LX sold. I almost cried as I watched it go up the road and listened to the sound. Unlike most folks, I had dropped a 347 stroker motor into it and you talk about a car that would move. I will have another one someday.

Don

OP
OP
rjw

rjw

Don,
I think the former owner of this car felt the same way...I believe he had really babied it since he bought it new, and was said to see it go. As for the color, well, it's not highland green like my California Special, but since I had a teal '93 Cobra in mind, it fit the bill pretty well.
Richard

murf104

Now I like the color. When my post was written the photo in #1 was blank. Supposed to be tounge in cheek but did not read that way. Sorry and in no way meant to say that the color of your vehicle was blah - in fact I like the color very well. Murf

68gt390

Richard;
What color is your interior in your GT/CS? My 68 GT 390 is highland green with nugget gold interior. Would be kinda neat to see another car of the same year with same color and interior.

Don ;D

OP
OP
rjw

rjw

Don,
My California Special is highland green, has the black vinyl top and has a black interior; the GTCS stripe is white. Oh how I wish it was a 390 like yours!
Richard

68gt390

Richard;
The 390 is nice as long as you don't have to work on it. There's just no room to do anything with. I had one heck of a time getting my headers on it and now I've got to go back and put on a set of stage 8 locking header bolts. The factory bolts won't stay in. I had the same problem with my LX. But, even with all the skinned knuckles and busted elbows it's well worth it.

Don

rvrtrash

I would suggest going to a place that specializes in nuts and bolts. I don't remember what the correct name is, but I bought some two piece lock washers that cured all my manifold problems. The one side of each half looks kind of like stairs that are opposite each other and lock together and the other side has serrations radiating from the center out. Since I put them on, I've never lost a gasket.
Steve