• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Patience: The key to finding the right GT/CS or HCS

classicsguy

Wow! When there are a limited number production of any make or model you definetly have to have PATIENCE to find the correct one.

I have been looking for a project J-code GT/CS or HCS for quite sometime and a couple of them have appeared but somehow they have been sold. Donna posted one a few weeks ago and the owner was out of town and contacted him the first day. When he returned he called me and said that I was second in line to see the car and the first guy that showed up bought it.

This past week another J code in Wa. Contacted the owner and Heliaster (Zac) offered himself along with other members of this forum and the owner was out of town,when I contacted him on Sunday he told me that a guy from Canada was coming over to purchase the car today.

Arlie went to check one for me in Texas this weekend and was T-code project that very few were made and the car was in pretty rough shape. Arlie took pictures of it and I am glad that he went and checked it out otherwise I may have purchased it sight unseen...and I know as a fact that YOU SHOULD NEVER DO THAT.

Well I just have to be patient and hopefully the right car will show up!!

Mustanger

Hang in there! It took a while for some of us to get the car that we ended up buying ... remember to not only focus on "bagging your prize", but to also "enjoy the hunt" ... :thumb:

Midnight Special

...Just imagine how patient you would have to be if you didn't have the Donna's, Zac's, Arlie's & all the other great & generous folks here...

Hang in there CG! They'll help you to "make it happen" :)

miller511

CG,

Maybe you've already done this... But, what is your criteria? Price range? Absolutely must be a J code? Definition of "project"? Willing to go how far from home to get one?

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Midnight: You are absolutely right..what makes a forum graet is their people and you cant do much better than this forum!! Its great to have all these people backing you out and helping!!

aemoo28

classicsguy;52169]

This past week another J code in Wa. Contacted the owner and Heliaster (Zac) offered himself along with other members of this forum and the owner was out of town,when I contacted him on Sunday he told me that a guy from Canada was coming over to purchase the car today.

One of the Madras cars is still avail at Frontier in Oak Harbor. See my pics posted on the thread "Another Wa GT/CS"

It's a J code. I confirmed it with a Marti to be a true GT/CS. I have 28 photos if you want them.