• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Paint Section in Restoration Reference section

somethingspecial

Hi Folks. For those folks who have restored their 1968 GT/CS or HCS to Original Color, Please post your Formula in the NEW Paint Section. This will help futrure Restorers with the correct color mix to make it right. I have seen several colors that were suppossed to be correct, but just didn't look right. Please include Brand, Type, i.e. Single stage Vs. Two Stage, etc.

This is not exclusive to 1968 colors, but for all stock HCS colors, Stock GT/CS Colors etc. I hope to see Drive Shaft Paint Stripes and their application. Spring Stripe Colors, etc.

This section is for exterior, interior, engine color, stripes, etc.
Thanks.

Mosesatm

Just an FYI, within the next 5 years or so we'll be using only water-based paints so if you can get the water-based formula that would be great.

Last edited:

dalorzo_f

... and in 7 they'll be back to non-water based it the grand California gas experiment of MTBE is any indication! :rolleyes:

Price went up to put it in, then even more to take it back out!