• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Paint, bolts...

Edward Bodoh

A few questions before I continue my cs project. The rattle can came for painting the valance right below my grille. Referencing the pics i attached, the grille molding center piece im pointing at is supposed to be painted also right? I looked at the pics of other cars in how to identify tab but just to be sure...

Also I want to replace the 7 argent bolts around the hood lock area with correct ones. Which argent ones are correct? I have a supplier but I wanna be sure before I buy...see pics for this also. The other pic shows painted fender bolts which I want to correct as well. The ones the PO painted have a cross with the letter S on the bolt head. Assuming they are original I will just strip paint off them versus buying new ones.

Thanks in advance....Ed.

Attachments

• 20150804_004602.jpg
    20150804_004602.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 20150804_004745.jpg
    20150804_004745.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 34

dalorzo_f

Yes, the cover is supposed to be painted the dark grey in the middle to align (kind of) to the other trims.

The bolts were CAD plated, not argent. I believe they should be with conical washers, not serrated. The "T/S" bolt manufacturer stamp is common for '68 San Jose cars... unsure of variants on dates.

The horns used different ones to the grille support and catch. Shorter and with a flanged hex nut with serrated face on the backside, believe they were Phosphate and Oil finish as well, but could be wrong working from memory...