• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New 2005 Shelby 10-Spokes

P

PNewitt

I thought you would like to see this--although it's also on page 9 of the November Mustang Monthly.

http://www.carrollshelbywheels.com/

It looks like they want to sell these to Ford dealers only (for now).

Is there a wheel expert that can tell us if these wheels would fit on a '68? Do we need a spacer or something? Is there a problem with the new wheel's offset?

These look interesting....kinda like someone flattened an old late '67 10-Spoke.

How do you like these--vs. the older version on your CS?

Paul N.

davidathans

I think that .gif image where the shelby spins its tires and bones out is awesome. The look of the larger rim size with huge brakes filling up the inside looks really good.

If someone were to put these on a 68 Mustang Cali Spec...they should also do their brakes at the same time for two reasons: 1)These wheels are heavier so they require better stopping power. 2)Its all about the look...

The best way to see if these wheels are going to fit is to find out more info on them and take measurements on your 68. Get the dimensions of the rim, including the backspacing and offset, needs to be 4.5" bolt circle, and you need to check the clearance of your wheel wells and your leaf springs, in the rear, and i know you can fit an 17"x8" wide rim with a 245 tire in the front of a 68 mustang.

Question: is the 67' 10-spoke a 16"dia. rim?

390cs68rcode

I remember seeing the ad for this and they were specific in saying for modern Mustangs. You can bet when they make them for Vintage (correct backspacing)Mustangs they will advertise it. NPD sells a kit to fit modern backspaced rims to a vintage Mustang.

jk89cat

i know alot of people run spacers on custom wheels , but i dont personally trust them . something about having a 1/8 -1/2 spacer between the hub and the wheel and expecting it to stay tight doesnt sit well with me.