• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Missing PCV valve and breather

HappyHour

So realized that my 68 doesnt have a PCV breather cover, valve, or line to carb. Thinking the previous owner didnt have.

Gonna run to autoparts to pick up based on part#. Anything special I need to know? Seems pretty straight forward. :smile:

robert campbell

I am no concurs guy, but the right valve cover has a large kina square shaped grommet in the back end of of it for a 90 degree pcv valve. The left cover has a large breather cap with a fitting for a large hose to the air cleaner.

I think I have both the stock breather cap and the grommet. The grommet is a Ford or Mustang supplier only item I think.

Let the concurs guys dive in!!

Rob

Ruppstang

Rob is correct except it is not a 90 degree PVC valve the hose is a special molded hose that works with a strait valve. The hose from the cap to the air cleaner is just black heater hose. Rob has most of what you need except the molded hose. You might find one at a auto parts store but most likely will have to go to a Mustang supplyer. Marty

OP
OP
HappyHour

HappyHour

Thanks for the info....possible you can take a pic for me? Right now I rigged my PCV cap\ breather with hose to the side of the Holly carb to eject pressure built up.

Not sure if this is the stock setup but was setup on 302 Bronco