• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Marti report in hand

roadbum

Ok,just got the Marti report, oh boy, I will try to attach it.This kind of blows away the " old man " who hasn't done anything to the car for 35 years story. If you look at the report it is the same car with some changes. There are no tinted windows or headrests. The radio has been changed to a cassette. But, I don't see anything that scares me. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Marti report.pdf
    199 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

roadbum

Did I make somebody mad? I don,t have pictures of the car yet but they are coming. Having never spent this much money for a toy before, I suppose I need some reassurance or my head examined or something. This post has been up here most of the day and I know some of you have looked at it. Tell me I have lost my mind or something. Purchase Price was finally 12,500. I think with a little luck and about 2000 dollars it will be in excellant condition.

Mustanglvr

roadbum said:
Did I make somebody mad? I don,t have pictures of the car yet but they are coming. Having never spent this much money for a toy before, I suppose I need some reassurance or my head examined or something. This post has been up here most of the day and I know some of you have looked at it. Tell me I have lost my mind or something. Purchase Price was finally 12,500. I think with a little luck and about 2000 dollars it will be in excellant condition.

Sorry, I was gone all afternoon at the dentist and stuff. Headrests and interior decor are great options. Not very many GT/CS`s have those really. Without seeing pictures its hard to tell if you got a good deal but so far so good!!! At least she`s a real GT/CS!!!

OP
OP
R

roadbum

Thank you Rhonda, I was beginning to think I was back in that time warp again. Will post pics by wed. Then you guys can really let me know what you think.

6t8-390gt

As Rhonda said, you now know it is a true California Special. The option list and color combo are nice, as well. If you think you paid a fair price that is all that matters. Let the fun begin!!

case12

pictures will help us determine what needs to be done (if anything). you are already good with the Marti report. Casey

OP
OP
R

roadbum

Thanks for the replys. I don't see any major issues, it would probably raise the value of the car by 1000 dollars just by giving it a real live detailing session. It doesn't look like its been cleaned in 10 years. That Marti report was like a ray of sunshine. does anyone know where I cna find pics of seats with headrest. the only ones I can find have restomod seats

hookedtrout

Congrats, you not only got a GTCS you got the best color for CS there is.

Cory

OP
OP
R

roadbum

I guess since I'm the new guy on the block I should say at this point that all the colors they come in are the greatest. Yes it does have the wood grain under 10 years of dirt.He kept the exterior very nice but never did anything to the interior.

ponyboy

I've heard that the 68 headrests were actually a double post and the 69 had the single post. Does anyone agree or disagree? Rich

hicountrybob

ponyboy said:
I've heard that the 68 headrests were actually a double post and the 69 had the single post. Does anyone agree or disagree? Rich
agreed. '68=2 '69=1(and the '69 one is shorter, also).