• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Looking to replace front and rear shocks - Recommendations?

robertd3

Hi,

I am planning to replace all 4 front and rear shocks on my 1968 Ca Special, J code. What brand do you recommend? I am keeping the car pretty close to stock as possible. Also what sites/stores do you recommend me buying from?

thanks,

Robert

nates68

Robert, I think KYB gas shocks are the best all around on our cars.You can find them on E-Bay or Summitt racing.Iv used these for years no problems.

nates68

clubpro

Or you could buy them from R&R Classics for $104.95 plus shipping. That would be for the front and rear and they are black like the original Ford shocks.

Cheers,

Ron

dalorzo_f

Bilstein street valved. More expensive, but I put them on all of my Ponies and am very happy... made a very noticeable difference over KYG GR-2's and Monroe-matics.

Mosesatm

Hi,

I am planning to replace all 4 front and rear shocks on my 1968 Ca Special, J code. What brand do you recommend? I am keeping the car pretty close to stock as possible. Also what sites/stores do you recommend me buying from?

thanks,

Robert

How are you going to drive the car? Do you want a sporty feel, a comfortable feel, or something between?

nates68

Robert, Check in with Ron @R&R classic he can fix you up with the right shocks . Keep us informed on what you do.

Best, nate