• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

License Frames - Part 2 - 2007/2008/1968

case12

Paul and I have been discussing adding the interest of potential sale of new license frames to his mailer.

I have a very limited number of 1968 frames left. Plenty of HCS. See the 'sticky' license frames at the top of the forum for more info.

So, here is my current plan. If there is enough interest from the mailer - meaning enough people say they plan to buy (probably 100), then I will have the same company -

1)Make another small run of 1968 frames (same text and look). The frame company already has the die. For those of you who have them, you know these are not cheap plastic - they are the real deal metal.

2)Make a new run of frames for 2007/2008 (but date agnostic). Several of the later edition GT/CS owners have asked for this. Now here is where the help is needed from the "new GT/CS" gang. What should the text be on the top and bottom. The letters will be white and the background will be FORD blue (see the sticky at the top of this forum for what it would look like conceptually).

Here are some beginning text suggestions for 2007/2008 owners (I have stayed date "agnostic" to allow multiple years to be the same).

California Special
Mustang GT/CS
GT/CS Registry
California Made It Happen (if I can fit it in the allocated space)
GT/California Special

.....your ideas.

Once I get enough ideas from you, I will then post a voting like we did last time. Later model GT/CS owners may want to poll their brethern on other mustang sites as well.

I need to get enough interested buyers to make the run - so make sure you check off your interest in Paul's mailer when you get it. The price will be about $22 each which includes postage (with some international exceptions).

So, let me know what you think, and give me ideas for the text! Casey

P.S. This is not a commitment - this is a query. I will let you know if I commit to make these based on enough interest shown in Paul's mailer. CH

Last edited:

mustangj

Casey
I have a 2007 GT/CS and would definitely be interested in a license plate frame. My personal favorite for the wording would be Mustang GT/CS. Please keep us posted on the progress.
Thanks
Jason

Caligirl

Hi Casey,

I would love a GT/CS license plate frame. I like GT/California Special or maybe just GT/CS for the wording and if we could get the total production numbers for both years we could do the 1 of ?? I really liked that on the 68's.

Linda

hotrodgrany

Hi Casey,

I would love a GT/CS license plate frame. I like GT/California Special or maybe just GT/CS for the wording and if we could get the total production numbers for both years we could do the 1 of ?? I really liked that on the 68's.

Linda

I like your idea and you can count me in, as I have been wanting one of these special license plate frames.

OP
OP
case12

case12

Rich, you are right. The 68's will not change (and I still have a few of them left even now). I am reaching out to those who may not already have the 68's (through Paul's mailing) and the later model GT/CS owners.

As a note, I was next to a MCA Gold 68 GT/CS at the MCA Nationals that did not have a computer, and had never heard of this site, but they had one of the old registry stickers from Paul on their windshield. And the owner was an MCA judge (he judged my car). So, there are those 68's out there too who may not have heard of the license frame.

Casey

BroadwayBlue

That's true Casey.
I actually had someone call me on the ad I placed for my CS and while he knew a lot about the CS he didn't have a computer either.

The first thing he said to me when I returned his call and I said "I'm looking for so and so returning a call about a Mustang I have for sale". He said "First of all don't call it a Mustang call it a California Special and you don't have to tell me the history I know all about it". I laughed!

He has a friend in CT that he says has a lot of money invested in a CS. I'm dying to see that car.
He is supposed to call me next week to see my car, I'll try to get his friends info or at least get him to the site or the registry and pass along the frame info.

There are probably a lot of cars out there where owners aren't visiting the site. The more we can get out there the better.

I have one of those registry stickers on my car too.

73pony

I'm a 2007 GT/CS owner and like the idea of the license plate holder. The printing I like is "California Special".

wally05

If production numbers of 2007 GT/CS are released, you could use the production numbers... don't know when that would be, though.